FH500V problems

Poppy

Threads
Hey Bert, thanks for passing that info along ... great rules about keeping every part straight and doing things in order. I'm half a wrench by necessity, not by trade so I listen to you guys carefully. Discovered a bent exhaust push rod early this am, should have a new one tomorrow. I guess once in, just run another compression test or try another leakdown. Still not sure if or when to call this engine a basket case but I'm trying to be careful not to kill the patient during surgery.

Thanks again ... Pop

Poppy

Threads
Kawasaki Replacement Engines

FR541V-AS51-R Kawasaki engine

Like Fish said, purchase a new pushrod if you intend to keep engine running, but first I would do a complete teardown, removal & disassembly, sounds like engine has major issues.

Hey Mark, thanks for the link and advice ... if I don't get #2 cylinder's pressure I'll pull the #1 head and fetch a camera. I've talked to a few shops locally who've said repairing is a waste of time but they would drop in a newer larger engine. At 13 years of age they may be right. Major issues begin where? ... my ears aren't trained to hear a whole lot of engine problems like you guys.

I see the FH500V listed there... mine's also an ES10, I'll look at it after this funeral at 2pm I need to go to.

Thanks again ... Pop

Poppy

Threads
Well, I put the push rod in, adjusted that valve and tested the compression again and was still zero. But after turning it over I noticed inside the exhaust valve spring was a much smaller bright silver spring and a sleeve?? (I guess) right behind the rocker arm and was free to move up and down the valve stem ... didn't notice one of those inside the intake spring above. What's the story on that? Is it time to pull the head and get the camera? Thanks guys ... Pop