fd620d pushrod falls out of rocker on one valve

Willibe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is your push-rod bent? Roll it on a sheet of glass to find out.
I not only rolled it on a flat surface, but used a straight edge as well. I also switched it with the other existing pushrods. Everything checks true.

Willibe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Take a picture of everything you are seeing. Will help a lot. Lot of times we hear someone has cleaned or replaced everything and it still doesn't run, like your post. Show us what you are doing.

I want to see a picture of the cylinder cooling fins and valve guides.

slomo

Willibe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Slomo, here are the pics.

Attachments

• Lifter gap.jpg
    Lifter gap.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Pushrod gap.jpg
    Pushrod gap.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Spring difference.jpg
    Spring difference.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Spring seat.jpg
    Spring seat.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 18
  • TDC.jpg
    TDC.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Valve seat 2.jpg
    Valve seat 2.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 19

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I not only rolled it on a flat surface, but used a straight edge as well. I also switched it with the other existing pushrods. Everything checks true.
You can't roll this kind of push rod. There are balls on the ends.

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Slomo, here are the pics.
From what I can see, the adjustment stud "looks" like it is worn down to a chisel point??? Pic has a light bounce glare and is blurry at the spot in concern. Is the adjustment stud the same size and shape exactly as the adjacent one? On top of the jam nut, both adjustment stud lengths "look" the same. What do you have below?

slomo

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’ve reread this thread and have a couple of stupid questions. Do you have the part numbers for both the replacement valves and cam? Do you have the old valves? Reason I ask is that something doesn’t look right in the pics. On the loose valve the keeper looks like it is sitting almost flush with the end of the valve stem, while the other looks about 1/16” above. I’m wondering if you have the correct cam and valves installed. Also include your engine serial numbers please.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The height of the IN and EX valve stems should be within a couple thou of each other with valves seated.. take the rockers off and put a rule across the end of the valve stems. It should be level with the head. If not you have a valve problem. Springs, retainers and keepers should look the same on both valves when both are seated. Tappets, pushrods and rockers are all the same so you can swap them around. I am going to assume you have the engine sump cover on when checking valve lash.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Can even be a loose valve seat though I have yet to one on a Kawasaki engine; but always possible.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Also on that loose valve, the oil seal looks deeper in the head. Valve guide moved down in the picture? Sticking valve guide not allowing said valve to close all the way up? Valve seat out of pocket like StarTech said?

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not much of a JD dealer if they can't put piston rings on.

Swap valves and see what you have. Measure both and see what you have. Like Rivets said, incorrect valves?

slomo