Blades Fast Attach Blade System Problem

scruffythejanitor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't have experience with the S blades, but from what I've heard they're more expensive. Anything's got to be better than the Fast Attach though. I'm going to try these spindles and star blades this season and see how it goes. I have automotive tools including an impact wrench so pulling off the 5/8" nuts isn't a big deal. I can see why someone who doesn't have the tooling might have trouble taking the blades off for sharpening, but for me these will be significantly easier than the Fast Attach.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Even the spindles with S hole that are not the Fast Attach system uses the same 5/8-18 flange nut as the spindles with the six point star blades. The only difference is that an additional flat washer .635X1.585X.062 is used.

1712498486777.png
But note there are Small S and Large S blades.

scruffythejanitor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Heh -- the wonderful thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.

Thanks for the additional info. It's nice to have it all in one place for anyone searching for it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
But I do admit the older style spindles will be a cheaper conversion as they do have after markets available for them where the new "S" style yet to have any after markets available.

And it the same with the Husqvarna tool-less blade system. Just cheaper to convert then the parts that are required the repair that system.

Last edited: