extra stuff to carry on truck

kirkny1018

Forum Newbie
Threads
someone once had a list of extra stuff to carry on there truck just in case . What are good things to have extra ?

Threads

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
someone once had a list of extra stuff to carry on there truck just in case . What are good things to have extra ?

Are you asking about Lawn equipment or tools like shovels and rakes etc.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads

I don't know about a lot of things but if you pull a trailer here is something that has gotten me out of a bind on several occasions.

I keep a 1500 watt power inverter and an electric impact wrench and at least 50 ft of cord in my truck as well as a small floor jack. I have seen flat tires on trailers several times that were very hard to get the lugs to loosen on a tire that had blown out. Many times the wheel will spin instead of loosening the lug nuts. The impact wrench will have the lugs off in seconds and you back on the road....

metz12

Threads
i keep the basics. you know jumper cables, small floor jack, extra gas can, and an extra set of clothes. also i carry a stanley wrench/socket set, tow rope, extra set of clothes, a black and decker jump start thing. it works really well. i can start my truck, and mower with it. so i dont have to get a jump. i also carry this husky thing to pump up the tires. it plugs into the cigarette lighter and it works faster then you'd think. the thing has saved me a couple of times. and i usually carry a bottle of slime. i have ran over some nails/glass mowing a couple of times and i just pumped that in there and i was off mowing again. then one more thing i carry is the tire plugs to plug a hole in a tire. its easier putting one of those in on the road then changing a tire. and cheaper then dumping a hole bottle of slime into one tire.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
As the commercial says never leave home without it.
Top five:
1) Duct tape
2) Baling wire
3) channel locks/vice grips
4) hammer
5) panty hose (temporary belt)

metz12

Threads
As the commercial says never leave home without it.
Top five:
1) Duct tape
2) Baling wire
3) channel locks/vice grips
4) hammer
5) panty hose (temporary belt)

i have simple tools like that too in my truck. but the panty hose are a great idea. and also duct tape is good for everything!

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
You can never have enough duct tape sometimes called 200 mph tape, get the strongest you can find. 1 million and one uses, Nashua brand model #398 industrial grade is good strong tape that I carry. :thumbsup:

metz12

Threads
You can never have enough duct tape sometimes called 200 mph tape, get the strongest you can find. 1 million and one uses, Nashua brand model #398 industrial grade is good strong tape that I carry. :thumbsup:

we have this business in ri/ct that is called electric boat. they make submarines. i have some buddies that work there and they get me what we new englanders call e-b green. its baisically duct tape but better. that is what i carry. i also like to carry an extra pull chord. just in case one of mine breaks on my 2 stroke stuff or my push mower. oh and i carry sand paper so if you dont get a spark out of you spark plugs you can try to sand some of the oil and junk off of it and you might get a spark. you know what i mean?

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
we have this business in ri/ct that is called electric boat. they make submarines. i have some buddies that work there and they get me what we new englanders call e-b green. its baisically duct tape but better. that is what i carry. i also like to carry an extra pull chord. just in case one of mine breaks on my 2 stroke stuff or my push mower. oh and i carry sand paper so if you dont get a spark out of you spark plugs you can try to sand some of the oil and junk off of it and you might get a spark. you know what i mean?

Yes, a wire brush before using the emery cloth and a can of starting fluid to clean the oil and debris off the 2stroke plug when finished is helpful also. :thumbsup: