Would you keep extra or back up equipment

• Yes

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Well I got to thinking even though I just bought all new equipment this year I plan to have another guy work with me next year so should I buy another set of trimmers and edgers to use as back ups or if we need to use two at the same time???

Threads
Yes you probably should. Less down time (since you have back-up equipment) = more money. Or if thee are two yards across the street from each other he can do one, you can do the other, in which case it would be good to have 2 sets.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well I got to thinking even though I just bought all new equipment this year I plan to have another guy work with me next year so should I buy another set of trimmers and edgers to use as back ups or if we need to use two at the same time???

I keep back up equipment on everything, trimmers, edgers, blowers hedge trimmers, saws and mowers. Two and three of each. If your in business you can't afford downtime because it can cost you clients and a lot more money than having good back up equipment.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Thanks for the replies I am about to have a back up pe200 edger from a guy off cl that is in pretty good shape all I am doing is tarding some craftsman stuff for it :thumbsup:

Ps: some of stuff I am trading doesn't run so I am feeling that this is the best deal cause I want all that old craftsman stuff gone haha :laughing:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I voted no because trimming and edging don't take nearly as much time as mowing. If you have a helper and have him mow the whole time you can trim edge and grab a second mower and finish up.

Back up equipment probably won't be necessary if you don't have carelessness around. Even so unless you carry it with you you have to return to your storage place. If something happens you can then buy a second one while the first is down.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I voted no because trimming and edging don't take nearly as much time as mowing. If you have a helper and have him mow the whole time you can trim edge and grab a second mower and finish up.

Back up equipment probably won't be necessary if you don't have carelessness around. Even so unless you carry it with you you have to return to your storage place. If something happens you can then buy a second one while the first is down.

Like I said I keep back up equipment on everything, trimmers, edgers, blowers hedge trimmers, saws and mowers. Two and three of each. If your in business you can't afford downtime because it can cost you clients and a lot more money than having good back up equipment. Just this morning I had my ZTR go down with a bad battery and ignition switch if I hadn't had back up I would have lost over $150 on the following 3 lawns say nothing about gaining a new client, had nothing to do with carelessness and I carry all my equipment on the trailer whether it gets used or not.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We keep a backup trimmer and a back up hedge trimmer. We also haul two Zero turns as well but don't unload but one on most yards.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
We keep a backup trimmer and a back up hedge trimmer. We also haul two Zero turns as well but don't unload but one on most yards.

Seems like a waste of gas. And a possible theft situation would be doubly sucky

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I carry two Zero turns and a 21 and 30 inch self propelled mowers all the time along with two trimmers two edgers two chain saws three blowers and a bed definer on the trailer all the time, all filled with gas the night before so I'm ready to go the next day.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I carry two Zero turns and a 21 and 30 inch self propelled mowers all the time along with two trimmers two edgers two chain saws three blowers and a bed definer on the trailer all the time, all filled with gas the night before so I'm ready to go the next day.

I believe I am with ric I am only 3 or weeks away from buy my new 14-16 foot trailer that is 6,4 wide :thumbsup:
Gonna have my dad fiancé me a walk behind or zero turn if I can talk him in to it :biggrin::thumbsup::smile: