PTmowerMech
Lawn Addict
I charge $ 20 Aus to replace any part the customer supplies, I call it a fitting fee and it is listed as a separate line item on the invoice.
No one ever challenges this as it makes sense to them .
$20 plus labor?
I charge $ 20 Aus to replace any part the customer supplies, I call it a fitting fee and it is listed as a separate line item on the invoice.
No one ever challenges this as it makes sense to them .
Yeah, usually my cost for a part even with my small markup is cheaper than the customer gets off Amazon or the like.Yes
So say for a full service where they bought "bargan blades" from ebay the bill will show
Full service tractor style mower $ 240
Fitting fee for supplied blades $ 20
And if they supplied a transmission belt then I would add another $ 20
Fitting fee for supplied transmission belt $ 20
Some will ask what the total would be if I supplied all of the parts & they get an honest answer which is always lower because the ebay parts are usually the same part I use and they have the ebay vendors profit + ebay cost + freight included.
Generally they don't bother trying to do it again.
Now you have your Stens account you should see roughly what the mark ups the on line vendors are running at.
Not hard to at least match those prices or in my case go $ 1 under .