Exmark Radius-E Hydro Oil Change Question

AdamE

Threads
Hey all.

I changed the hydro oil on my Radius-E at 70 hrs. using a Hydro-Gear kit yesterday. I didn't use the pump or fitting and filled through the reservoir.

After all was finished and purged, the oil level in the reservoir was at the Full/Cold line. I didn't drive it at all. Today, I checked and the reservoir was empty and there are no leaks.

I added more and bubbles were coming up. All told, I added maybe 5 oz. before the bubbles stopped and was at the Full/Cold line.

I drove it for a couple minutes and all seemed fine. No noise and it operated normally.

My question is, should I jack it up again and do another purge or should I just be happy and mow?

Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I it is driving oil will flow and they will self purge over time
The reason why purging has to be done is the displacement of every piston is tiny and if there is any resistance to motion then the air in the end of the cylinder just compresses & decompresses as the cylinder block rotates which is why you have to purge with the wheels off the ground.
It will not hurt to purge again but usually when the oil stays at the same level the air is gone .