Repairs Exmark Lazer will not start when warm

Threads
I did resolve problem when I changed relay. I replaced it with an OEM and had same problem 3 months later, then bought a heavy duty at Tractor Supply with same mounting holes. It immediately turned over faster, started quicker and no further problems.

Glad you fixed it! :thumbsup:

12Royboy12

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did resolve problem when I changed relay. I replaced it with an OEM and had same problem 3 months later, then bought a heavy duty at Tractor Supply with same mounting holes. It immediately turned over faster, started quicker and no further problems.
Is your mower a 52 zero turn 1
Is your mower a 52" 19 hp lazer Z CT? If so you wouldn't have to know the number of the new Relay you got some tractor supply's with you

IrishJO4

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Exmark Lazer Z HP - 23 HP Kawasaki runs fine until it warms up. If I have to shut it down it will not re-start for 30 minutes up to an hour. Don't know if this
could be starter relay, starter or what. Not sure how to check this out and would appreciate input from anyone that might have experienced and resolved this problem.

Thanks,

IrishJO4

Forum Newbie
Threads
If it cranks but won't start, It could be a faulty fuel shutoff solenoid on the bottom of the float bowl on the carburetor. The windings go bad in the solenoid and it shuts the fuel off, even if the 12 volt feed to it has 12 volts while key is on ! Some of them are assembled in separate pieces and you could unthread it from the carb and take out the pin, screw it back in and try it that way. But you should get a new one on Ebaky to stop possible backfiring and blowing the muffler off !! Don't throw the old on out because you might need it for parts / reference , like I did when I got one from the dealer. I used the old one to modify the new one from the dealer so the machine would start !! Lesson learned !! Good luck !! IrishJO4

Born2Mow

Threads
Your issue was most likely not the relay itself, but corrosion on the relay terminals. Corrosion on electrical terminals is common if the mower is washed regularly or stored in a enclosed area with high humidity. Application of a professional grade electrical terminal anti-oxidation compound (such as No-Ox-Id) to the relay terminals before inserting the relay into the socket will help prevent this issue.