Exmark Kawasaki FX730V not starting

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post #28 tells me you have a bad or loose connection in your starting circuit. Check to see if all connections are good and clean, plus tight. As the ground connection is through the starter housing, make sure that the starter is not loose.

Gord Baker

Threads
New Valve Cover gaskets in case you need them after setting Valve Lash (clearance). Removing the Engine fan assembly will let you see if the Crankshaft key is partially sheared. It could also be dirt floating around in the carb. Simple things first! Have you drained the Float bowl?

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Valve lash is .004 to .006 both valves

Jimmac

Threads
New Valve Cover gaskets in case you need them after setting Valve Lash (clearance). Removing the Engine fan assembly will let you see if the Crankshaft key is partially sheared. It could also be dirt floating around in the carb. Simple things first! Have you drained the Float bowl?
It’s a brand new carb

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you checked to see if you have stuff floating around in the tank. That could stop up the pick up tube in the tank.

Jimmac

Threads
Have you checked to see if you have stuff floating around in the tank. That could stop up the pick up tube in the tank.
Nothing in the filter other than fuel and flows freely

Hardluck

Threads
Please keep this thread going. I have the exact same issues except mine never runs over about 10 mins. Mine is a BADBOY but same Kawasaki 731 engine?
Been struggling all year.
Very disappointed in the Kawasaki. Has less than 50 hours!

Jimmac

Threads
Please keep this thread going. I have the exact same issues except mine never runs over about 10 mins. Mine is a BADBOY but same Kawasaki 731 engine?
I have a mechanic coming Wednesday to look at it. Mine has 1,000 hours

Gord Baker

Threads
Back in the day, this would indicate a failing Coil due to heat.