Exmark 30

mowerman05

Threads
I Have not looked yet but most of the time I will install a pipe nipple with a shut off installed so I can screw a fitting with flex hose attached into it. I dont know if there is room or not for this set up, will look later today. owners manual?

mowerman05

Threads
Changed oil on exmark 30 today. had to tip deck on its side, no big deal. also pulled the plug under the filter to check the thread size, not a standard pipe thread. will just continue to tip mower on its side, its very easy and takes no effort to change.

holbythebear

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm debating on getting this mower or the turfmaster 30. I have 1 acre to mow and I don't mind walking and it appears I could walk (or jog!)fairly fast with this thing. My yard sits in a low spot and the old craftsmen riding mower I've been using puts huge brown streaks in the yard even 4-5 days after the last rain. Do you think this mower would leave similar marks?

Also, do you guys think this would be a wise purchase, or should I just go with a riding mower in the similar price range? Or something else?

Also, over the long term, what would be cheaper? I would think a commercial built mower like this would last a very long time on my 1 acre compared to the cheap lawn tractor, but since I know nothing about mowers, I could be completely wrong!

mowerman05

Threads
It might leave a small line from the tire but not like a rider would because the tires are about 2 inches wide. this mower is heavy approx 165 lbs. cuts nice walking speed is very fast if you want to mow that fast. It does take some getting used to as I am still learning, user Ric has the turfmaster 30 and has been able to get more use than myself due to weather. Maybe he will have some input.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
It might leave a small line from the tire but not like a rider would because the tires are about 2 inches wide. this mower is heavy approx 165 lbs. cuts nice walking speed is very fast if you want to mow that fast. It does take some getting used to as I am still learning, user Ric has the turfmaster 30 and has been able to get more use than myself due to weather. Maybe he will have some input.

I'm debating on getting this mower or the turfmaster 30. I have 1 acre to mow and I don't mind walking and it appears I could walk (or jog!)fairly fast with this thing. My yard sits in a low spot and the old craftsmen riding mower I've been using puts huge brown streaks in the yard even 4-5 days after the last rain. Do you think this mower would leave similar marks?

Also, do you guys think this would be a wise purchase, or should I just go with a riding mower in the similar price range? Or something else?

Also, over the long term, what would be cheaper? I would think a commercial built mower like this would last a very long time on my 1 acre compared to the cheap lawn tractor, but since I know nothing about mowers, I could be completely wrong!

I really don't know what I can add, I think mowerman05 has about covered it. As he said it's going to leave some small tracks do to the weight of the mower but from your description of the property I would say you'll probably get that with any mower. I can tell you that the Turfmaster will give you an excellent cut. We cut 70 lawns a week and I use the TM a lot on the smaller lawns and fenced in areas and it's great and saves considerable time. The FJ 180 Kawasaki will also save you money in gas and with a one gallon gas tank your one acre shouldn't be a problem infact I'd be surprised if you couldn't do it on half a tank. You will not go wrong with either the Turf-Master or Exmark 30 and if you should choose either it will be the last mower you'll have to buy.

holbythebear

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the responses. I would love to go with a timemaster because of the price, but if they bog down easy (like I've read in many reviews) that would piss me off. Do you guys think this type of mower will catch on with other manufacturers? It seems to be very popular on the internet. I think that competition would drive the price down a little, although I do see that the exmark 21 commercial are around $1,200 so maybe they can't go much lower on the price?

Threads
Thanks for the responses. I would love to go with a timemaster because of the price, but if they bog down easy (like I've read in many reviews) that would piss me off. Do you guys think this type of mower will catch on with other manufacturers? It seems to be very popular on the internet. I think that competition would drive the price down a little, although I do see that the exmark 21 commercial are around $1,200 so maybe they can't go much lower on the price?

Yeah I would go the Turfmaster / Commercial 30 route over the Timemaster route. I think you will be more happy. I don't know if they can get much lower with the price without taking away the durability. Because the Exmark Commercial 21 mower is expensive but built like a tank, and the Commercial 30 is just as tank-like :)laughing:) and also has many more features! :thumbsup: