Exmark 30

mowerman05

Threads
Just got to use my new Exmark 30 for the first time this year. love it. only issue is changing the mower height with the wheels, takes a little getting used to. it also is a good mower for anybody that likes to mow really fast as you could jog behind it if you want.:thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just got to use my new Exmark 30 for the first time this year. love it. only issue is changing the mower height with the wheels, takes a little getting used to. it also is a good mower for anybody that likes to mow really fast as you could jog behind it if you want.:thumbsup:

I'm assuming it's a lot like the Turfmaster seeing there made by Toro and it is fast, at least faster than I want to mow. How do you like the weight?

mowerman05

Threads
A little on the heavy side, but the long straight runs sure are straight. turns not to bad, curves still trying to learn. I spoke with a toro rep last year about the timemaster having swivel casters on the front for this years model but apparently not. maybe next year they all will have them.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
A little on the heavy side, but the long straight runs sure are straight. turns not to bad, curves still trying to learn. I spoke with a toro rep last year about the timemaster having swivel casters on the front for this years model but apparently not. maybe next year they all will have them.

I'm finding the more I use the mower the easier it gets, my turns and curves are a lot better than when I started and my smaller lawns are looking better. The casters wheels on the front would be nice but I don't think you'll ever see them on either the Turfmaster or the Exmark because I think they may be concerned about adding more weight to the mower and the fact that you can get those on the next step up in the 36" walk behind.

mowerman05

Threads
this mower is not made for a smaller built person to opperate as it is very hard to pull backwards:thumbdown:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
this mower is not made for a smaller built person to operate as it is very hard to pull backwards:thumbdown:

I agree with the not made for a smaller person. Neither the Exmark or Turfmaster. The wife goes 126 lbs and can use the Turfmaster but she doesn't like the mower. The turn arounds and pulling it backwards kills her arms and shoulders.

I meant to asks mowerman when you change you oil on your Exmark are you tipping the mower on its side or are you using the drain plug?

mowerman05

Threads
I have never had a mower that I had to tip on its side but have not looked at this one yet to know.if it has a drain plug I will find a way to use it,if not I will let the dealer change it then I can check for scratches and complain. does yours have the plug or not. by the way your wife at 126 lbs pulls the mower back, thats impressive, me at 200 plus thinks its heavy and I am sorta in shape. haha

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have never had a mower that I had to tip on its side but have not looked at this one yet to know.if it has a drain plug I will find a way to use it,if not I will let the dealer change it then I can check for scratches and complain. does yours have the plug or not. by the way your wife at 126 lbs pulls the mower back, thats impressive, me at 200 plus thinks its heavy and I am sorta in shape. haha

Well I assume you have two manuals with your mower, mine came with the mower manual and a Engine manual. The mower manual says to tip the mower on its side with the air filter up and drain the oil through the fill tube which I did with no problems. The engine manuals say to drain the oil through the drain plug, it's directly under the oil filter and there is no extension or anything provided to drain the oil, it's going to be all over the top of the mower if I pull that plug and create a mess and I was wonder how you were draining your through the plug without making a mess of everything.