Export thread

Exhaust flange wrong on sv600

S

Slimbonic

I have Kohler sv600 but have to swap exhaust pipe to fit my jd d110. I have a pipe that will fit from muffler to head. But the flange holes are in wrong position to mount to the head properly. So, I'm thinking of getting a little larger diameter flange to slide over pipe that matches up with the studs to secure the flanged pipe to the head.
Does that make sense?
I am going to install a flange with the correct stud holes over the pipe flange with the wrong stud holes. Will this work?
Will this seal?
Ideas?
Thanks

B

bertsmobile1

IT will work

StarTech

StarTech

I kinda doubt it myself as he is trying to mount a Briggs style muffler onto a Kohler engine. The mount holes are rotated about 90 degrees and bolting up one of the studs will be a challenge if possible.

Here I would first make that current holes will even line with the studs as Briggs and Kohler do use different spacing most times. If spacing is correct I would cut off the flange parallel then mount the flange with the pipe up against the flange. Then tack weld it in at least 3 evenly spaced spots. Remove the new assembly and seam weld the flange to the pipe. But of course that how I do it here for a professional look.