Exhaust flange wrong on sv600

Slimbonic

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have Kohler sv600 but have to swap exhaust pipe to fit my jd d110. I have a pipe that will fit from muffler to head. But the flange holes are in wrong position to mount to the head properly. So, I'm thinking of getting a little larger diameter flange to slide over pipe that matches up with the studs to secure the flanged pipe to the head.
Does that make sense?
I am going to install a flange with the correct stud holes over the pipe flange with the wrong stud holes. Will this work?
Will this seal?
Ideas?
Thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I kinda doubt it myself as he is trying to mount a Briggs style muffler onto a Kohler engine. The mount holes are rotated about 90 degrees and bolting up one of the studs will be a challenge if possible.

Here I would first make that current holes will even line with the studs as Briggs and Kohler do use different spacing most times. If spacing is correct I would cut off the flange parallel then mount the flange with the pipe up against the flange. Then tack weld it in at least 3 evenly spaced spots. Remove the new assembly and seam weld the flange to the pipe. But of course that how I do it here for a professional look.