Engine upgrade

ukrkoz

Threads
Hi all
I have tow behind flail mower with this engine:
15 hp 420cc JiangDong electric start
Engine has been rather reliable so far.
Problem is, it is also quite underpowered for the job. I was mowing yesterday not even that tall of grass, a bit wet, and it clearly strains.
Engine has centrifugal clutch on the shaft and runs 3 belts down to flail.
Far I know, it's Honda knockoff.
Engine has electric start and charger, what comes handy. But, starts from pull every time, if battery dies.
My question is - is there engine that I can directly replace it with, that will have more power?
This mower is, pretty much, my last hope as, I have to mow through partial wet land and none of mowers I had before will go there. And, if I let it be till it all dries out, I have to deal with 3 ft tall grass. I tow this flail behind with UTV, so we can go through wet areas but, here;s question of power demand.
I really don't want to major rebuild, to get larger engine. If possible, one that will directly retrofit, so that I can re use clutch.
Thank you.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bolting a larger engine up should be possible, but to go bigger you are most likely looking at V-twin engines. Also the dealing I have had with that engine manufacturer on other equipment has resulted in the engine having a metric crankshaft. And most US engines you will find have SAE diameter so your clutch may not fit from the old engine to the new one.

ukrkoz

Threads
Well, is there point in going from 15hp (current) to 18hp? Plenty of what looks same engine just with larger volume, I presume.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look at the cc's not the Hp.
Honda use restrictors on the intake to change the Hp
The gasket that goes between the manifold & the head may be as small as 1/2 the hole size
Cutting the restricting bit out will up the Hp .
Some also use different governor springs to modify the Hp

ukrkoz

Threads
Ok, so how exactly do I get to that restrictor? Tech from the place that I bought it from told me engine comes from same factory that makes Honda engines. I'm pretty sure they are identical.