Engine Pulley Bolt/Socket Size?

SamB

Threads
The "corner post" hoists I was referring to were fabricated on-site with common pipe and "H" beam. Made in the size that fit the space.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What I am looking for is one that I use out on the equipment when needed and then be able store it in the dry when not using it. I may have to buy a HFT one and modify it. I just one to straddle ZTRs and riders to pull engines and then install the engines when done. The folding shop crane legs just keep getting in the way. I did manage to extend the boom 4 ft and still have the lift stable. Can always add counter weights.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What I am looking for is one that I use out on the equipment when needed and then be able store it in the dry when not using it. I may have to buy a HFT one and modify it. I just one to straddle ZTRs and riders to pull engines and then install the engines when done. The folding shop crane legs just keep getting in the way. I did manage to extend the boom 4 ft and still have the lift stable. Can always add counter weights.
Fix for that is to change the way the legs are held to the crane
For cheapness most come together to make a V at the boom
The yard crane I use came from a factory and the legs are on a U shape so they straddle 2 pallets .
The cheapest & easiest route would be to cut the legs off a HF engine hoist ( get the better one with a 2 way pump ) move them 5' to 6' apart and weld them to a cross brace so they slide in either end of most mowers
Then make up a long load spreader bar .
When using mu engine crane this is what I do, spreader bar with 4 ratchet tie downs modified by removing the hooks so they become a loop.
Took a while to work this bit out so the mowers lift square .
Originally I was going to make a lifting frame similar to what is used for crane lifting containers but it was going to add too much length so the lifting frame would foul on the boom .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Let see here is what I currently using.
1653223035394.png
And I am looking at this type which would fit my needs. Just don't like the idea of leaving it out in the weather.
1653223114938.png
I reckon I could take it apart each time I am through with it and store it that way. Or just modify it to be shorter in height.