Engine problems (vacuum line) with a Husqvarna TS 248G

BubbaGray

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Engine problems (vacuum line) with a Husqvarna TS 248G
I've had my TS 248G for a while now. 130 Hours on the meter. A month ago I was mowing the back acre and it sputtered and died. I had no shortage of suggestions from friends and family about bad gas (I use non-e regular) and likely problems with the carburetor. After fussing for a while, I realized that the I was getting no gas pumped to the carb. I replaced the fuel pump, the fuel line, and fuel filter. Still no go. I finally noticed a vacuum line that leads from the carburetor to the vicinity of the fuel tank had been pulled free, If I capped the vacuum take-off from the carb, the engine starts. (Though it ran too rich and rough.)

I went to my local dealer, and I see the same vacuum line on the floor models. The disconnected vacuum line disappears under the chassis near the seat. I can't crank my head low enough or squeeze my fingers small enough to feel any fitting.

What is this line supposed to connect?! I can't see it on any parts diagrams that I've found online. My local dealer has a call into the Husqvarna Rep to see if he can find out. I can call Husqvarna, but I know I'll wait in phone hold hell for hours. Any smart people know this? Will I have to access the fuel tank to re-attach the line?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Engine problems (vacuum line) with a Husqvarna TS 248G
It usually goes the manifold just after the carb
It is where the fuel tank draws air from to replace the volume of the fuel used and where the tank vents to as it gets hot when the engine is not being used