Engine dies when I engage the blades???

Hardluck

Threads
home depot, lowes or Wal-Mart did not have any fuel shutoff valves other than !/4" which are to small.

Ill look again when I get the opportunity,

Hardluck

Threads
mower started again mowed about 1/3 of the lawn and then died and only started and ran at about 1/4 throttle not enough to run the blades but did gt it back in the garage.

Back to the drawing board.. Looks like maybe a load of bad gas.

Hardluck

Threads
Drained both tanks add new gas. Ran about 10 mins then the same issue, starts for a second then dies. With full choke. Stuck out in yard now. If someone steals it I how they can keep it running! 😂

Hardluck

Threads
I am posting the noise that comes from the engine area with the ignition on. Not start mode yes on.
In real life it is not the loud. It is actually pretty we quite.
Any ideas as to what it could be,,? It stops after 10 or so seconds.
Could it be a water pump,,?
I couldn't post the audio file . It is a "acc" file.

Any ideas as to how I post it or what file to change it to if possible,.

truth

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you still are having problems try removing the gas cap. Vent may be clogged causing engine to run for short intervals or with choke on.

Hardluck

Threads
Thank you, I finally got it running, have mowed the lawn one time , Ran out of gas and thought the problem was back , but thank goodness it just need some fuel.
Solution!!! Not exactly sure, drain fuel tanks and flushed drained again, cleaned carb and changed the fuel filter.

Hardluck

Threads
Well, Bad news. The mower has quit again. I have several questions.
I have changed the filter and fuel again, the fuel runs freely from the hose and filter but changed them anyway. How can I check the fuel pump? Is there a way to test it? I can blow thru the fuel filters with very little restriction so I really think that they were ok. To recap it only runs for about 10 minutes or so at first start up. Then will not stay running until it sets and cools for about half a hour then the same cycle.
I really appreciate your comments and help. I really think it must be a fuel problem but I am stumped !

Bertrrr

Threads
Well you can pull the fuel pump discharge side and crank on the mower , it should spit fuel out with each pulse of the engine will spinning over,