Electric Start Issue

zigyblu

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is an Li-ion battery. No date that I found
Yes. All of the connections are clean and tight.
Thanks
I would like to make a suggestion as I have a Sears mower just like yours as I believe Husqvarna was the manufacturer of the machine and mine was very touchy with the sometimes it would and sometimes it wouldn't start and what I found to be the problem was the wires that go up into the Key switch were not in all the way and making a proper connection. Mine has the plug ins but if the wires are not all the way in it won't make a proper connection and act like it isn't charged enough to start. I pushed all the wires into their connectors all the way in and the problem was solved. You may have the same issue. Hope that it helps.

Papa Gill

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the rear wheel drive of this electric start Husky mower. The battery went bad a long time ago. You will be shocked at the price they get for a replacement battery. Something like $50 if I recall correctly. I went on line and found something close for $15. Look for a battery in the home security system type. It was bigger however both in size and capacity. I zip tied it in place and have never looked back. As far as starting goes unfortunately, mine doesn't like to on the battery. It turns over just fine with a charged battery and starts just fine pulling the cord. Something "wears", gets out of adjustment with age. A "normal" repair shop tune up doesn't fix it either.

gamma_ray

Threads
I wouldn’t recommend trying to jump a Li-ion battery with a lead acid battery. Just my opinion.
Good suggestion, they are two completely different animals. I have a LiFePO4 in a UTV and only use a trickle charger when needed, designed for such types of batteries.

Youngwill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well. It appears I lied to you (not intentionally). As i was removing the battery from the "box" that holds it and the starter button, one of the wires practically fell out of the plastic connector between the battery and the button. I was able to put the wire back into the connector and solder it secure. Now the mower starts as it should with the electric starter. Apparently the bad connection (I told you they were all good) was causing enough resistance that it couldn't start.
I'm certainly glad it was fixable as I was getting nowhere trying to find a replacement battery. A local parts house told me that, if he could get it, it would be in the form of the complete "box" containing the battery, start button, and connectors to the tune of about $200. Ouch! I was about ready to buy a 12v gel cell battery and mount it somewhere remotely from the start button. I think that would work, but I don't need to worry about it until the OEM battery actually fails.
Thanks for all the help and advice.

zigyblu

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well. It appears I lied to you (not intentionally). As i was removing the battery from the "box" that holds it and the starter button, one of the wires practically fell out of the plastic connector between the battery and the button. I was able to put the wire back into the connector and solder it secure. Now the mower starts as it should with the electric starter. Apparently the bad connection (I told you they were all good) was causing enough resistance that it couldn't start.
I'm certainly glad it was fixable as I was getting nowhere trying to find a replacement battery. A local parts house told me that, if he could get it, it would be in the form of the complete "box" containing the battery, start button, and connectors to the tune of about $200. Ouch! I was about ready to buy a 12v gel cell battery and mount it somewhere remotely from the start button. I think that would work, but I don't need to worry about it until the OEM battery actually fails.
Thanks for all the help and advice.
Funny how that is, now do yourself a favor and check that the rest of the connection plugs have the wires all nice and tight and that mower will be a Gods send and save your shoulder from un necessary pain.

Youngwill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes. Before the mowing season starts again, I intend to replace those interior connectors with solid wire between the battery and starter button. The quick connectors are not needed. The wires are connected to the battery with spade connections anyway and that is good enough. All of the other connectors outside of the "box" are encased in molded rubber. They seem good, so I won't replace them unless I need to later.
Again. Thanks for the help.