Echo's New PB 8010 Backpack Blower

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just purchased the 8010 and it is all the specs suggest, saved me a half and hour on a job today. The only complaint I have is no chest strap. Had a hard time keeping it from falling off. The volume of leaves it will blow is impressive. I have a Husqvarna 580 and it wasn't even close on large piles of leaves. Pine needles blew out easy also. It has enough power to blow out three in rocks from the landscape, just have to pay attention to where you point it. So far loving it.

I'm definitely going to put a chest strap on mine. I'll see if my local Stihl dealer has one. I don't see one listed as an Echo accessory anywhere. https://www.stihl.com/STIHL-power-t...edder-accessories/21901-63715/Chest-belt.aspx

This one looks good too. https://www.goruck.com/molle-sternum-strap/

I could probably rig one up myself because I always cut the straps off old backpacks, but I'd probably have to do some sewing for that and use less than ideal materials.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just purchased the 8010 and it is all the specs suggest, saved me a half and hour on a job today. The only complaint I have is no chest strap. Had a hard time keeping it from falling off. The volume of leaves it will blow is impressive. I have a Husqvarna 580 and it wasn't even close on large piles of leaves. Pine needles blew out easy also. It has enough power to blow out three in rocks from the landscape, just have to pay attention to where you point it. So far loving it.
Added the Stihl chest strap for $10. Much better!

Attachments

• IMG_20181023_095057538.jpg
    IMG_20181023_095057538.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 14

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Now all ya need is the JOCK-STRAP .. (be sure it's padded, to protect the "family-jewels" ya know).. :laughing:..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now all ya need is the JOCK-STRAP .. (be sure it's padded, to protect the "family-jewels" ya know).. :laughing:..:laughing:

The machine needs one for sure, because it sure has what those things are meant to protect. :laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
The machine needs one for sure, because it sure has what those things are meant to protect. :laughing:

Glad to see it exceeds your expectations Darryl, ..... ENJOY !! .. :thumbsup:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's on sale at ebay for $566.99

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Echo-PB-80...h=item214ac6fa5c:g:~TUAAOSwQrVbzyFs:rk:1:pf:0

Use coupon code PICKUPTEN for 10% off until tomorrow 8am for the discount.

Woo Hoo! :laughing::laughing:

Not a bad deal. Better than the $1,100 one on Ebay for sure, lol. Local dealers near me sold out in a few days. Seems there was a sort of rationing with each dealer only receiving one pallet of 18 units and they're not expecting more any time soon. The Stihl dealer that I bought my chest strap from said they sold out of their shipment of the new BR800s in 2 days.

Jason1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I called many dealers in my area and no one has it. They all told me in the spring. :thumbdown:

Whoever was able to get one is mighty lucky.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
This blower continues to impress me. I have just shy of 60 hours on it now. I run it without the lower tube a lot. It's not really necessary and the machine performs similarly without it. I find that it works best when you aim high and well ahead to move leaves and then scour what's left. Holding that long heavy tip up for 4 or 5 hours a day gets tiring. I can work with it in conditions that I normally wouldn't and it can do things easily that other blowers struggle with, such as blowing leaves out of Pachysandra. I don't think I provided that video link here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUkzlP6d5wA

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
IF.. your sweetie, keeps you 1/2 as happy as THAT blower does, you're schittin in high-cotton, and you're one lucky man !! ..:thumbsup:..:laughing: