Echo SRM-225

zmister11

Threads
lol that's what I don't understand, how can you have garbage parts on something that isn't already garbage to begin with. The OP has the machine for one season and the thing doesn't run, I mean really a tune-up kit after one season, a new carb after one season and that's just one of the many complaints people have with the echo's and people still say there the best. :confused2:

Yeah I used to use the same trimmer but after it gave me problems after only a year I went with the Stihl fs 90. And never looked back. Now I just have the echo 225 as a backup and I never use it lol

Snapperfreak

Threads
I have two old echos. SRM 2100 and 2400. Bought the 2100 new in 1998, recently picked up the 2400 but it's in excellent shape. Never had any issues with my 2100 and both work great. However, I too have heard less than great things about new echos and if I were to buy a new one it's be a stihl.

LoCo86

Threads
Ya next time I'm buying stihl

If you're looking for a strong two stroke then the FS 94R would be a good choice. I said I would never get one and that I would stick to my four stroke Stihls but I'm glad I bought this machine, it's awesome. Lightweight and powerful. I've put this accessory on it called the Edgit-Pro and it has replaced my edger for the year. I just had to use my edger with a blade for the first mow of the year to redefine the the edge and now I just use this to maintain it. It takes a little getting use to but in my opinion it works great.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Stihl has a crazy powerful stick edger don't remember the model but it's the most powerful stick edger out there I will be buying that. As for my weedeater I don't really need crazy power I probably don't even use my 225 to its full potential as it is so probably the cheapest commercial model for that.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you're looking for a strong two stroke then the FS 94R would be a good choice. I said I would never get one and that I would stick to my four stroke Stihls but I'm glad I bought this machine, it's awesome. Lightweight and powerful. I've put this accessory on it called the Edgit-Pro and it has replaced my edger for the year. I just had to use my edger with a blade for the first mow of the year to redefine the the edge and now I just use this to maintain it. It takes a little getting use to but in my opinion it works great.

I guess if your a 2 stroke fan the 94 is a good trimmer but for 10$ difference in price I'll go to the FS 100. You get a 31.4 cc engine which has a lot more power instead of a 24.1 and the difference in weight is nothing.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Stihl has a crazy powerful stick edger don't remember the model but it's the most powerful stick edger out there I will be buying that. As for my weedeater I don't really need crazy power I probably don't even use my 225 to its full potential as it is so probably the cheapest commercial model for that.

I believe the stick edger you're talking about is the FC 110 it has the 31.4cc engine. I use the FC 90 and it does a good job. I also use the FS 110 with that same 31.4cc engine and it cuts anything.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I believe the stick edger you're talking about is the FC 110 it has the 31.4cc engine. I use the FC 90 and it does a good job. I also use the FS 110 with that same 31.4cc engine and it cuts anything.

Ya, it would be nice not to keep the walk behind edger on my trailer and have a stick edger powerful enough for the first time edges and like I said I dont really need a powerful trimmer

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ya, it would be nice not to keep the walk behind edger on my trailer and have a stick edger powerful enough for the first time edges and like I said I dont really need a powerful trimmer

I like the FC 90 It does a great job, I think the FC 110 would be a great machine but it's a little much for what I want. For smaller or lighter jobs I use the FC 75 that I've had since the beginning.

shurguywutt

Threads
never heard back from op but because the machine is so new I would bet the fuel is just stale or carb is dirty. no need to replace the trimmer or buy a new carb until you check those things... you can always just take it to a dealer and pay for them to do the things we already mentioned.