Echo SRM-225

KrisIL

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Guys
New kid on the block :biggrin:
I purchased my Echo SRM0225 last season. Over the winter I left some of the fuel in the tank with stabilizer in it. Now it's time to cut my grass and it starts but after I press on the throttle it will die. If I leave it on run and won't press the throttle it will run smooth all the time. What might cause that? After work I will go and purchase fuel filter , fuel lines and spark plug to replace all of them. But does my carb need to be rebuild?
Thanks for any help

shurguywutt

Threads
Hey, great trimmer, I have one as well.

Did you use fuel that had ethanol in it? If so, it may have gummed up in your lines, carb, filter, etc.

Replace filter, lines, and plug with a "repower kit" on top of this I would recommend buying a carb cleaner spray and take the air filter off and run a few cycles with the spray.

I personally hate using ethanol fuel in my small engines... IT SUCKS in my opinion. I always opt for ethanol free REC FUEL to extend the life of my small engines and carbs. I would recommend it if you can find it somewhere.

ALSO, the fuel may be stale especially if it had ethanol in it. Dump it and add FRESH fuel at once!

Hope this helps...

boostedwolfe

Threads
Hey, great trimmer, I have one as well.

Did you use fuel that had ethanol in it? If so, it may have gummed up in your lines, carb, filter, etc.

Replace filter, lines, and plug with a "repower kit" on top of this I would recommend buying a carb cleaner spray and take the air filter off and run a few cycles with the spray.

I personally hate using ethanol fuel in my small engines... IT SUCKS in my opinion. I always opt for ethanol free REC FUEL to extend the life of my small engines and carbs. I would recommend it if you can find it somewhere.

ALSO, the fuel may be stale especially if it had ethanol in it. Dump it and add FRESH fuel at once!

Hope this helps...

Can never go wrong with clean fuel and some stabilizer. If you have excess of older fuel, dump it in your car. It can burn a lot more evenly and would have less impact on the motor as it dilutes in the gas tank as opposed
to the two cycle going through the small quantity in the tank it has. Hopefully it should run after the tune up.

shurguywutt

Threads
Can never go wrong with clean fuel and some stabilizer. If you have excess of older fuel, dump it in your car. It can burn a lot more evenly and would have less impact on the motor as it dilutes in the gas tank as opposed
to the two cycle going through the small quantity in the tank it has. Hopefully it should run after the tune up.

Boostedwolfe is right

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads

If it doesn't run try some seafoam in gas tank if that doesn't work prolly need to replace carb. Replace carb with one for a srm 230 better parts. Run the machine once every couple weeks through winter to avoid future problems

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
:laughing::laughing: I love this thread, Great thread for a morning laugh. I mean this may sound bad but really we have an individual with an echo trimmer that doesn't run and people saying or telling him to replace filter, lines, and plug with a "re-power kit" someone else saying some seafoam in gas tank if that doesn't work you'll probably need to replace carb :confused2: Has it dawned on anyone to give the guy an answer that makes sense like you have a machine that's a year old with a 2/5 year warranty and you should maybe take the thing back to the shop and let them deal with it under warranty or at least try before you go buying kits or carbs and possibly void the warranty you have.

Last edited:

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
:laughing::laughing: I love this thread, Great thread for a morning laugh. I mean this may sound bad but really we have an individual with an echo trimmer that doesn't run and people saying or telling him to replace filter, lines, and plug with a "re-power kit" someone else saying some seafoam in gas tank if that doesn't work you'll probably need to replace carb :confused2: Has it dawned on anyone to give the guy an answer that makes sense like you have a machine that's a year old with a 2/5 year warranty and you should maybe take the thing back to the shop and let them deal with it under warranty or at least try before you go buying kits or carbs and possibly void the warranty you have.

Your right I didn't even consider warranty. I said what I said as I own three 225 machines the carb is garbage. I've replace all annually because they always seem to have issues . I've tried cleaning the carb still doesn't work(don't own an ultrasonic cleaner) the 230 carb is the first that hasn't had issues after a year this is my second year with it. The 230 carb is cheaper on Amazon and doesn't gum up.... Weird but whatever I am about done with these things. My edger pe225 this year is having issues will only run with the choke mostly on. I've torn the carb apart cleaned it put it back on nothing. Seafoam in tank and straight into the air intake.. nothing. I replace filters(both) and plug annually also . So this us why I am saying the carb us done because I know it is

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your right I didn't even consider warranty. I said what I said as I own three 225 machines the carb is garbage. I've replace all annually because they always seem to have issues . I've tried cleaning the carb still doesn't work(don't own an ultrasonic cleaner) the 230 carb is the first that hasn't had issues after a year this is my second year with it. The 230 carb is cheaper on Amazon and doesn't gum up.... Weird but whatever I am about done with these things. My edger pe225 this year is having issues will only run with the choke mostly on. I've torn the carb apart cleaned it put it back on nothing. Seafoam in tank and straight into the air intake.. nothing. I replace filters(both) and plug annually also . So this us why I am saying the carb us done because I know it is

Well they probably wont do anything under warranty because they will come up with some reason to make it his fault but if he starts messing with it they will know and that will blow any chances of warranty work now or down the road if something major happens. Someone talk about and tried to place blame on ethanol gas but I don't buy that because the machine is designed to run on the 10% stuff.
It actually sounds more like the spark arresting screen maybe dirty or plugged.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well they probably wont do anything under warranty because they will come up with some reason to make it his fault but if he starts messing with it they will know and that will blow any chances of warranty work now or down the road if something major happens. Someone talk about and tried to place blame on ethanol gas but I don't buy that because the machine is designed to run on the 10% stuff.
It actually sounds more like the spark arresting screen maybe dirty or plugged.

I don't blame ethanol I blame garbage parts lol

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't blame ethanol I blame garbage parts lol

lol that's what I don't understand, how can you have garbage parts on something that isn't already garbage to begin with. The OP has the machine for one season and the thing doesn't run, I mean really a tune-up kit after one season, a new carb after one season and that's just one of the many complaints people have with the echo's and people still say there the best. :confused2: