echo srm 225 problem

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
They are going for around $40 on eBay for new ones.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

Saw one on amazon for 40 I am going to buy if nothing else to just have a spare and ill pick up some seafoam tomorrow

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I run sea foam in all my gas. Does it do any good? I like to think it does

I do know if a engine is running bad like dies at a idle that it does fix it most of the time.

The good think about it is if you want to piss your neighbors off you can put a lot in your gas and smoke up the whole neighborhood.

Not that I would do it LOL

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

CauZey

Threads
Mine did that!!! It had a crack in the primer bubble

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ha! I did this with my old toro I put a lot of seafoam in and ran it out back didn't realize they had a fan sucking in air and they sucked in nearly all the smoke they were quite angry lol.

I am hoping this will not turn out to be a bigger problem I have used this machine quite a bit for 3 years and have always taken care of it I does get abused..... badly but never anything mechanical gets abused

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
So I replaced fuel filter, white air breather thing, checked plug, cleaned exhaust, cleaned muffler and continues to die off at idle I can make it stay on by choking it when its about to die.

I am going to pick up a new air filter and some seafoam tomorrow. Do I pour seafoam directly into machines gas tank or into the my 2 cycle can? Will it hurt the other machines? And how much do I pour in ill fill the can which is one gallon

jtk

Threads
I don't think the seafoam will work. You most likely picked up a little dirt in the low speed jet. You really need to get a carb kit, disassemble the carb, clean it, and rebuild with the new kit. A new carb will be overkill. As one of the previous posts said you can pick up a kit pretty cheap online. Once rebuilt start each jet about 1 1/4 turns out then adjust after its warmed up. Start with the low speed jet (idle) then adjust the high speed.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Been running seafoam for a couple days hasn't fix the problem... did find something new. I can hold the machine upside down and it will idle for ever.

jtk

Threads
I would definitely say rebuild the carb

OutdoorEnvy

Threads
exotion! How did this turn out? was this one the new carb or rebuild kit?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
This was the time I ended up replacing. Rebuilding these things is not worth the trouble can replace for $40 cleaning it only takes about half an hour