Eaton model 1100 help.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Normally I help others, but today I need some help. I have an Eaton 1100 drive system that has me totaling confused. The tractor will not drive for the first 20 minutes of operation. After 20 minutes it's like you flip a switch and everything works. Changed the fluid, filter, and belt. Have checked fluid levels many times and everything's good. Anyone got any ideas as to what to try. This is a friends unit that I have been trying to solve for the last 6 weeks, so I don't get to work on it every day. Thanks Rivets.

briggs

Threads
got me stumped also could it be the pump in the trany going south

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a pair of 1100 Eatons on my big ZRT. They are great pumps & drive nichols wheel motors.
The pumps from the 80's & 90's used straight 30 weight engine oil... anything else would cause problems. The charge pumps did have some problems with multi viscosity oils...
I have been running multi-viscosity Synthetic engine oil for some time now. But if I were having trouble with it, I would be tempted to drain the oil and see what a 30 Wt. mineral engine oil would do...
I have some tec manuals on the 1100, I'll dig them out & see if I can find something specific to that problem...:smile:KennyV

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for the input Kenny, I have been thinking about draining and flushing the entire system again, but you know what type of mess that will be. Might have to bite the bullet.