Eating Squash Blossoms?

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
And I was told Euell Gibbons died in a fight with a beaver over a pine tree too! :laughing:

Burdock is a nasty weed that needs destroyed, not eaten! I'll stick to meat & tators, thank you! ~~ grnspot

Ummmmm, doesn't eating it 'destroy' it? :laughing:

It's just as dead on my plate.........:biggrin:

jd335

Threads
never heard of eating squash blossoms would like to know how it turns out in the mean tim im going to eat some canned hog sausage bisquits and gravey and i know how that will turn out goooooood:licking:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
never heard of eating squash blossoms would like to know how it turns out in the mean tim im going to eat some canned hog sausage bisquits and gravey and i know how that will turn out goooooood:licking:

I can hear your arteries hardening all the way over here in mid-Michigan....:biggrin:

173abn

Threads
I got me some cow and taters and rutabagger in the oven ....russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just had leftover strip steak, a nuked spud slathered with butter and olives, and a glass of white zinfandel. Wife is working late tonight again so I am baching it with the cats.

LIFE IS GOOD. :smile:

Madi

Threads
Gardoni (commonly referred to as 'burdock') is EXCELLENT! You eat the stems from baby plants. You have to 'defuzz' them with a 3m-pad like sink scrubbie, but it's pretty easy. Boil them up like asparagus (that's what it tastes exactly like) and eat them with a little butter &vinegar, or dip them in your favorite batter, and deep fry them. The other common way is to slice 'em thin (like salad or stuffing celery), mix it with egg, a little flour, and some garlic &onion to your taste. Fry it like a pancake. Serve on a bun or toast. Gardoni sandwich! (an Italian favorite)

I think I just found what I can do with all the burdock in my yard. I never thought of eating it, what about the older plants? do they taste just as good?