Ear Muffs while mowing

macky

Threads
Hi BkBrown! Thanks for mentioning firearms. A high school classmate was a son of an army major. One Saturday we went to the target range and spent a good part of the day practicing how to shoot using live ammo. We didn't have ear plugs on. For two straight weeks after that, my hearing was impaired. It was terrible. Perhaps it's why I'm passionate about ear plugs today :)

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hope everyone works hard at keeping their hearing.

Hearing loss is difficult to live with - My better half just retired on disability because of hereditary hearing loss.

I've used both machines and firearms nearly my whole life and started wearing hearing protection fairly early. I may have lost some hearing, but not much and I'm sure it would be much worse without the protection.

touree

Threads
Wonderful feedback and divergent views as well though I picture a situation where people will take charge of whatever directly affects them. In the absence of the rules, all should still go on smoothly or is it a clamor for an extremely ideal world to live in?

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
You know, I've seen people do that but I was too embarrassed to do it. haha. I know, I shouldn't care, but I do. My neighbors would point and laugh at me

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
The ear plugs are not easy to see when in -- I'd rather hear than worry about what anyone thinks ! :rolleyes:

You know, I've seen people do that but I was too embarrassed to do it. haha. I know, I shouldn't care, but I do. My neighbors would point and laugh at me

junebug1701

Threads
I didn't think much about hearing protection, except at work where they are very strict about it. One day after mowing the lawn I noticed ringing in my ears. Apparently the muffler on my mower was slowly getting louder as it rusted out on the inside. I replaced the muffler and noticed the difference immediately. Now I always use ear protection--I have the muffs but prefer the corded ear plugs they provide us at work. Cheap protection:

HD_1023_L.jpg

macky

Threads
Thanks for the affirmation guys! Frankly, I felt a bit embarrassed when I started this thread. But I just followed my heart. It's great to see more experienced people warning younger guys to be more careful.

Indeed, regret always comes at the end. So it's better to learn from others than to learn them from our own experience. Music, the chirping of the birds, the sound of water flowing ... gosh, I love them all.