Drive belt on Troy Bilt zero turn

micmac

Forum Newbie
My drive belt came off and was pretty tore up. My best measurement was 95 inches from what I had left. At a lawnmower shop they said as close as they know it is 95 inch belt but I do have a lot of excess belt when I put it on. How would I measure this for the right size belt. I appreciate your help.
 
The best thing to do is get an OEM troybilt belt, since there are the correct length and cut angle, unlike the off the shelf might fit, the biggest issue with people having belt problems after replacement is they are using off the shelf belts, that just don't fit properly. MTD and JD products almost always require the OEM or OEM aftermarket equivalent belt for them to work properly and last any time at all.
 
If you want the forum to help you you need to help us
Year ?
model ?
Model number ?
Engine make ?
Engine serial No ?

Because Z turns drive the pumps continuously the belts are quite tight unlike those on a convetional tractor that need sufficient free play to allow for clutching.
HAving said that, too tight & you will wreck the very expensive hrdro units.
 
If you want the forum to help you you need to help us
Year ?
model ?
Model number ?
Engine make ?
Engine serial No ?

Because Z turns drive the pumps continuously the belts are quite tight unlike those on a convetional tractor that need sufficient free play to allow for clutching.
HAving said that, too tight & you will wreck the very expensive hrdro units.

Sorry about not giving all the info on the Troy Built I finally got her hooked up and running once again Thanks for all the help
 
Back
Top