Drive Belt Coming Off.

NCMau

Threads
Craftsman 24 HP, 54", Mod 917.20403. The machine is about a year old with 50 hrs.
This is the second time the drive belt came off. You have to take the deck off in order to to put the drive belt back on track. This is problematic, especially for me due to a health issue. Is this problem common with this machine? Is there something I can do. Everything with the pulleys and keepers seem to be in order.

577jersey

Threads
I would make sure the tensioner pulley and spring are functioning correctly..make sure the belt has plenty of tension,,if not the spring may be stretched out,,i have seen weak springs come from the factory.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mowing really tall stuff will also cause the belt to be dislodged.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is no mower that requires you to remove the deck to replace the deck belt.
Some might require one or more hangers to be remover, but full removal of the deck, not right

According to the manual the only thing that needs to be removed are the belt guards.
If you can not get to the screws that hold them in replace them with either wing bolts or socket headed cap screws.
If you go with the wing bolts put the thickest O ring you can get that is tight on the shaft to prevent them slacking off during use.