DONE FOR THE SEASON

Threads
Yesterday I mowed the final lawns of the season. It was mostly just to clean up a few of the stray leaves in the yard. I was going to do it the day after Thanksgiving, but it snowed the day before Thanksgiving so the grass was covered for a few days. I decided I was going to mow Monday, whether all of the snow melted or not (there was just a bit left on the ground), but the warm temps. caused it all to melt away. The day started off sunny, with me completing a small leaf cleanup and the rest of my schedule of lawns. At the end of my last lawn it started to drizzle, and it continued on and off when I was cleaning and running my equipment out of gas to prep it for winter storage. I drained the gas out of my mower (didn't do this last year, and it worked out fine, but I just don't feel like pulling it out in January/February to start it up). I kept the gas in my 2-cycle equipment because it has the Red Armor oil with stabilizer in it. I run it periodically throughout the winter. Well this post is longer than I wanted, so I'll get to the pictures. The first 2 pictures are of my final cut of the season. As you can see in the second picture, the snow that was on the ground really stunned the grass, and also flattened it. The third, fourth, and fifth pictures are of the garage with the mowers to the side, and the Echo stuff hanging out the wall. It is nice to be done, and I will be enjoying my 4 months off (though I will be snowblowing driveways whenever it decides to snow....again).

lawn 1.jpg

lawn 2.jpg

storage 1.jpg

storage 2.jpg

storage 3.jpg

X-man

Threads
I have all my stuff put away for the season, will post pictures soon.

All I have left to do is to remove the mowing deck from the tractor and hang it on the wall. I do this because sometimes I use my tractor in the winter, plus this winter I want to change the belt out because it is starting to get worn.

Both push mowers had their gas drained out, and the handles are folded down. As for my weed wacker goes, that thing has been down for awhile so I'm really not worried about it. One of the fuel lines are bad, I may fix it this winter.

Both my snow shovels are out and ready to go, all I need is a decent amount of snow to fall to get back to work again. :)

I, too, will be enjoying these 4 months off. I love cutting grass, it just gets old after awhile of doing it on a daily basis.