Does anyone else have a two-stroke Lawn Boy?

Russ2251

Threads
Maxima Castor 927 is not NMMA approved and should therefore be avoided for use in any Lawn-Boy 2 cycle mower.
TC-W3 (outboard motor) oil is the required minimum spec.
nmma certified.jpg

HoosierSam

Threads
Point well taken,RUSS,I will change lubrication to an NMMA approved brand prior to using any of my LawnBoy engines on the waterways..........:wink: That said,from the standpoint of proper friction management resulting in excellent engine performance and longevity,Maxima 927 is a great product that has served me well in all of my two-cycle engines for nearly a decade....

j-jock

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am a new member, and I just joined the forum because I have a couple of Lawn Boy mowers that I am looking to get working.
When I was a kid in the 50s, I used an old rope start Lawn Boy with a rope start Iron Horse engine. I loved the old beast, and ran it until I managed to hit something and bent the crank.
My last experience with them was back in the early 70s. It had been seized and I pulled it apart, cleaned up the cylinder, put on new rings, and used it for over 10 years.
That is the reason I decided to resurrect the four I have collected over the years. I don't have the numbers of all the mowers right now, but can post them tomorrow.
The one I worked on tonight, is a 19", model 6024. It was seized, and I freed it up, but it has a bad rod knock. I don't know where to look for parts for this thing, but I was thinking of filing the big end of the rod to reduce the diameter, and then machining it to the proper diameter in the lathe.
I am not going to restore any of them, my intention is to make good runners of them all.
Bob

Opahujo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just joined the forum today and saw this thread started in 2010. I have four of the classic Lawn Boy two-stoke mowers. The fith mower I bought new as a lawn boy Platinum model 10795, But looks like a Toro four-stroke mower painted green and is the only one I have not been able to fix.(Help, I need a wiring Diagram for it.)2009-07-24,FX-10,h,0.50.jpg

logert gogert

Threads
cool man, welcome to the forum, theres a lot of intelligent pros on here and good people, we will help you if you have any questions....

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice assortment of LBs there. I always like the friction drive on the rear wheels too, nice and simple. My brother had a couple two strokes, pretty much tore them up, bought a new 4 stroke machine. Hated that thing. Super powered motor but the mower weighed a ton and hard to push and maneuver.

Opahujo

Forum Newbie
Threads
cool man, welcome to the forum, theres a lot of intelligent pros on here and good people, we will help you if you have any questions....
I am posting my question right now in a new thread.

mikehouse

Threads
20200412_221034.jpg20200412_220500.jpg My silver series 10330

Opahujo

Forum Newbie
Threads
My model 7266 Lawn Boy is about 30 years old and the motor is still in excellent shape. It's very light and powerful.

If you have a two-stroke Lawn Boy please post photos.
I have four real Lawn Boy mowers and still use one of the 19" ones and one of the 21" ones. The oldest one I bought new in 1978.

The fifth mower is labeled Lawn Boy and is I believe actually a painted green Toro mower with a four-stroke engine that I bought after Toro took over Lawn Boy. (comments please) ?

2009-07-24,FX-10,h,0.50.jpg2009-07-24,FX-10,h,0.50.jpg