Dixon speedztr30 dies when....

RAWmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dixon Speedztr30 Zero turn Product# 966611101 Serial# 050912C001595
Starts fine but when I release brake motor dies....or if I bring in left arm motor dies....I can bring in right arm no problem and move it forward or back no problem.
I bypassed seat shutoff and replaced safety relay on left arm and both relays on brake ....no change

Bertrrr

Threads
I would by pass all the safeties first then narrow it down to which one is causing this , There is one one each arm, the brake and seat for sure and they all are wired to relays which could be the culprit

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Dixon Speedztr30 Zero turn Product# 966611101 Serial# 050912C001595
Starts fine but when I release brake motor dies....or if I bring in left arm motor dies....I can bring in right arm no problem and move it forward or back no problem.
I bypassed seat shutoff and replaced safety relay on left arm and both relays on brake ....no change
Sounds like seat safety switch to me, that you bypassed. Is it a two wire safety?
You have two separate posts for the same issue…

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The question is just how he bypassed that NC seat switch? Also note many these have connectors with a shorting strip to prevent someone simply un-plugging it.

Also I think he means he replaced the switches. but didn't replace the RH arm switch which sounds it is defective.

Sure would be nice to have a wiring schematic for this mower. IF has relays that would be indicated on most IPLs but the IPL for this mower is pretty crappy.

Definitely no support from Husqvarna since they kill off the Dixon line back in 2014.

RAWmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
The question is just how he bypassed that NC seat switch? Also note many these have connectors with a shorting strip to prevent someone simply un-plugging it.

Also I think he means he replaced the switches. but didn't replace the RH arm switch which sounds it is defective.

Sure would be nice to have a wiring schematic for this mower. IF has relays that would be indicated on most IPLs but the IPL for this mower is pretty crappy.

Definitely no support from Husqvarna since they kill off the Dixon line back in 2014.
Ok what is a shorting strip to prevent someone simply un-plugging it. Where is it located ...what does it look like?

RAWmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would by pass all the safeties first then narrow it down to which one is causing this , There is one one each arm, the brake and seat for sure and they all are wired to relays which could be the culprit
So now Im looking for a relays ...i guess,....HHHmmmm

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
aHH Finally found a wiring schematic. No relays persay other than the starter solenoid (relay).
1721241838645.png

Last edited:

RAWmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oh wow ...where did you get a wiring schematic? thank you
Ive replaced left motion...2 brake and deck switches...seat switch is bypassed
Have not replaced right motion because it seems to be working right
What is the round thing that they all meet at?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
if you are referring to this
1721252210840.png
It is the ignition switch.