Export thread

Dixon speedztr30 dies when....

R

RAWmower

Dixon Speedztr30 Zero turn Product# 966611101 Serial# 050912C001595
Starts fine but when I release brake motor dies....or if I bring in left arm motor dies....I can bring in right arm no problem and move it forward or back no problem.
I bypassed seat shutoff and replaced safety relay on left arm and both relays on brake ....no change

B

Bertrrr

I would by pass all the safeties first then narrow it down to which one is causing this , There is one one each arm, the brake and seat for sure and they all are wired to relays which could be the culprit

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

Dixon Speedztr30 Zero turn Product# 966611101 Serial# 050912C001595
Starts fine but when I release brake motor dies....or if I bring in left arm motor dies....I can bring in right arm no problem and move it forward or back no problem.
I bypassed seat shutoff and replaced safety relay on left arm and both relays on brake ....no change
Sounds like seat safety switch to me, that you bypassed. Is it a two wire safety?
You have two separate posts for the same issue…

StarTech

StarTech

The question is just how he bypassed that NC seat switch? Also note many these have connectors with a shorting strip to prevent someone simply un-plugging it.

Also I think he means he replaced the switches. but didn't replace the RH arm switch which sounds it is defective.

Sure would be nice to have a wiring schematic for this mower. IF has relays that would be indicated on most IPLs but the IPL for this mower is pretty crappy.

Definitely no support from Husqvarna since they kill off the Dixon line back in 2014.

R

RAWmower

The question is just how he bypassed that NC seat switch? Also note many these have connectors with a shorting strip to prevent someone simply un-plugging it.

Also I think he means he replaced the switches. but didn't replace the RH arm switch which sounds it is defective.

Sure would be nice to have a wiring schematic for this mower. IF has relays that would be indicated on most IPLs but the IPL for this mower is pretty crappy.

Definitely no support from Husqvarna since they kill off the Dixon line back in 2014.
Ok what is a shorting strip to prevent someone simply un-plugging it. Where is it located ...what does it look like?

R

RAWmower

I would by pass all the safeties first then narrow it down to which one is causing this , There is one one each arm, the brake and seat for sure and they all are wired to relays which could be the culprit
So now Im looking for a relays ...i guess,....HHHmmmm

StarTech

StarTech

aHH Finally found a wiring schematic. No relays persay other than the starter solenoid (relay).
1721241838645.png

R

RAWmower

Oh wow ...where did you get a wiring schematic? thank you
Ive replaced left motion...2 brake and deck switches...seat switch is bypassed
Have not replaced right motion because it seems to be working right
What is the round thing that they all meet at?

StarTech

StarTech

if you are referring to this
1721252210840.png
It is the ignition switch.

R

RAWmower

View attachment 69217

View attachment 69217
ok got it..thanks again....now if i could just figure out how to bybass each one ...till i find the problem

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

ok got it..thanks again....now if i could just figure out how to bybass each one ...till i find the problem
Or, you could just keep throwing parts at it. Buy new safety switches and replace. Plan B, take it to a shop. Don’t recommend throwing parts at it, but learning electrical troubleshooting for a single repair can be a daunting task.

StarTech

StarTech

Yes taking it to someone with good electrical knowledge is best as have equipment to test things and usually familiar with the design and operation. I have never been good at remote electrical troubleshooting myself as I get frustrated trying trying to teach the basics.

The info needed to bypass the switches is right in front of you in schematic once you understand the basic switch operations. Some has to be closed circuit and others have to be open circuit.

B

Bertrrr

Use an Olm meter , switches are either normally open or normally closed , activate the switch and watch your meter to see what is what. If it's normally open , disconnect it , normally closed , hook a jumper and close it .