Dixon mowers?

FLS12

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking at buying a Dixon ZT, but my concern is that I never really hear anything about them. Does anyone have anything good to say about them?

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
What model are you thinking of buying?
Dixon were the original ztr but were bought by Husqvarna a few years ago.

I sold a few models from 36" upto the Diesel version.

Since Husqvarna bought them iv stopped dealing with them so unsure what the new models are like.
The last models were the Speed, Ram and Zodiac.

Great ztr and never had any problems.
The Ram could cut a fair amount of grass.

FLS12

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've been talking to a dealer who has mentioned a couple different models to me. One was a 42" or a 44" Ram for $2999. He also mentioned a 61" Dixon for $4999, but I think that would be overkill for no bigger than my business is.

I am an above the knee amputee. I have. Even on social security for the last seven years. My lawn service was created to mainly get me out of the house, and put a little extra spending money in my pocket. That's why I was saying that I thought the 61" was a little overkill even though I think it's a good deal.

Threads

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Ram is a good robust ZTR.

Drives well. When I drive another make I often try and compare it to a Dixon and the closest is some Toro models or some Snapper models.

You wont go wrong with a Dixon.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm looking at buying a Dixon ZT, but my concern is that I never really hear anything about them. Does anyone have anything good to say about them?

FLS12,

I made an offer and almost pulled the trigger on a Dixon DX152 last fall and it was my second choice. They are good bang for your buck(but my gut feeling is not as good of quality as before Husqvarna took over). I ended up getting a Gravely which had a little better deck and overall build as well as a better warranty than the Dixon. I still think the Dixons are a good mower.