Dixie Choppers new 2020 mower

RCountry2

Threads
I'm seeing the new 2020 models are out now. Anyone bought one yet or seen any reviews? Wonder how the quality is now.

Mower King

Threads
I'm seeing the new 2020 models are out now. Anyone bought one yet or seen any reviews? Wonder how the quality is now.
I haven't seen them yet but....if they are like the rest of the mower industry...they try improve every year!

RCountry2

Threads
I haven't seen them yet but....if they are like the rest of the mower industry...they try improve every year!

I hope they did improve and not try to cut corners to increase profit!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Improve,
You must be joking
Add unnecessary features that don't help the mowing one little bit , use cheaper thinner steel and more sub assemblies from China that don't quite fit to bring the price down.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just like the automotive industry mowers are more and more adding electronic bells and whistles that are useless to the real operatuon of the machine but improves the marketing BS. Electronics from Asia are relatively cheap and increase the "cool" factor for sales. But as we are finding out they are a serviceman's nightmare due to all the unserviceable modules and such costing ridiculous dollars to replace when bad.
When a company comes out with an improved model it is for one of 3 reasons
1. They fixed a known problem with a previous design.
2. It reduces manufacturing costs.
3. Marketing thinks it will improve sales.
Companies don't spend dollars looking to improve a design if it is working and selling. That way cool electronic control center on your new mower is not so cool when it fails out of warranty and the mower is just $7000 lawn art without it.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
And that whole aspect really applies to all the battery operated trimmers, blowers, push mowers, and riders. Batteries not available for replacement 6 months to a year after replacement. So the whole unit ends up in a landfill, or the new Troybilt/Cub Cadet electric 56 volt riding mower that sells for $2550 and a set of batteries is pushing $2000.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Ferris IS3100Z has a throttle, choke, key switch, pto switch and an hour meter on the operator station. No bells or whistles or electronics, only what i need to mow grass. Just the way i want it for a mower i plan to use for 20 years. My stihl FS80 and MS170 are 20+ years old. My IH184 tractor is 45 years old. My Bunton walk behind is around 50 years old. Quality equipment well maintained lasts a long time. Manufacturers today are more into marketing cool features to homeowners than focusing on durability and reliability because that is what the marketing department wants.

Mower King

Threads
Improve,
You must be joking
Add unnecessary features that don't help the mowing one little bit , use cheaper thinner steel and more sub assemblies from China that don't quite fit to bring the price down.
I like to give people HOPE....you know, like all the politicians are doing right now!....lol...lol...lol...lol

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
<deleted>

Last edited by a moderator: