Dixie Chopper LT2000 just bought used, ran good for 1/2 hour, bogged, added fuel, flooded, dumped quart fuel left cylinder head when I pulled plugs!

TerryMcQ

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Dixie Chopper LT2000 just bought used, ran good for 1/2 hour, bogged, added fuel, flooded, dumped quart fuel left cylinder head when I pulled plugs!
I don't know anything about Dixie Choppers. I traded my 10 year old Kubota B2320 that had problems, traded with dealership I bought Kubota from new, got a little cash and ths Dixie Chopper. Times are tough and it's the best I could do. I thought the guy I made the deal with was going to deliver the Dixie and give me all the history he could but he sent someone else who couldn't tell me anything about the machine. I luckily found the owner's manuals on the machine but that doesn't tell me anything useful to the problem other than I don't know if it has Shutdown Solenoid or not which makes a difference how you shut it off and I know from skimming through the engine manual that I shut it off wrong to add fuel whether it has or doesn't have the Shutdown Solenoid. I just got the machine today and never heard of any machine with wierd start and stop instructions like this has. Sorry if that makes me a Dixie Chopper idiot but now I need to find out why this thing had a quart of fuel in the left cylinder head when I pulled the plug to see if they were fouled from flooding which they were and it smelled like old fuel even though I poured 4 gallons into the tank right before flooding it by apparently starting it wrong, too soon after shutting down I guess and I guess I needed to choke it even though it was warmed up already. ANybody got any ideas on what the problems are? I've already looked up new carb prices and I would gladly put new carb on if someone tells me they think carb is part or all of the problem from their past experience and knowledge. I can't call the tractor dealership until morning and I'm not betting they will know much if any of the history of the machine and besides that I am not hopeful they will be very helpful, probably just tell me go get myself a trailer and bring it in to them or them will for a fee pick it up and charge me for whatever work they do. No warantee so I don't expect anything, just hoping because I have done over $23,000 in business with them they might be helpful. Until then, I am trying to solve the problems by learning. Thanks in advance for any useful info.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
  • / Dixie Chopper LT2000 just bought used, ran good for 1/2 hour, bogged, added fuel, flooded, dumped quart fuel left cylinder head when I pulled plugs!
Well, it sounds to me like the needle failed in the carburetor letting the tank drain into the engine.

jaxontheweb

Threads
Intake valve could have been open and the float or needle stuck or failed to close. Pull the bowl off the carb and remove and clean or replace the needle and make sure the float is not full of fuel, replace the float if necessary. Put it back together and give it a go. I have to choke my dixie darling each time I start it cold. Not necessary when warm or hot. Yes there are an abundance of safety switches.

Boit4866

Forum Newbie
Threads
There’s no way the cylinder head will hold a quart of gasoline. Even with the piston at BDC will these small V-Twin engines hold a quart of gasoline in one cylinder. What engine do you have? What is the displacement in cc’s?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Dixie have all of their parts, owners & srvice manuals available as a free download from their web site
Download them & save them because Dixie is toast & AFAIK closed down so they might not be there for ever.
We need to know wat the model & serial numbers are so w can check you are getting the right information.
AFAIK you should have a Briggs 44 Cu inch V twin engine.
Scrubbie has it right . the float valve has failed to sop the fuel flow which has overfilled the carb then allowed raw fuel to pour into a cylinder.

The briggs engine will have the modet type code & serial numbers stamped into one of the rocker covers
Don't have any Idea of what an LT 2000 is
Have parts lists for LT's but the following number is the deck size 34 , 44 , 50 , or 60
Is it a new or used mower ?