Export thread

disk

L

Leisure67

Made this disk few years ago. This one is the 2nd of two that were built. It was made for a gentlemen in North Carolina.

100_0397.jpg

K

KennyV

Very cute:thumbsup:...I've ran big ones like that....:smile:KennyV

M

Muhammad

Love the setup... you take nice care of your equipment! :thumbsup:

JDgreen

JDgreen

Made this disk few years ago. This one is the 2nd of two that were built. It was made for a gentlemen in North Carolina.

100_0397.jpg

Beautiful picture...I wish my 318 looked that good. What model JD is the one with the disk?

L

Leisure67

Thanks guys.
JDgreen,
1974 140 is pulling the disk in the picture.

173abn

173abn

Leisure67, very nice! russ

R

Ross

Very nice job. I'm a country gentleman myself, and while I can fix my own mowers and quads, that would be a little out of my league.

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

Very nice work:licking:. I'd like to see a close up of the hydraulics if you have one. Looks like it can be raised and lowered from the seat, but I can't tell.

L

Leisure67

Robert,
The 140 pulling the disk does have a rear hydraulics installed on it (it was an option from JD) & does lift from the seat by one of the three hydraulic levers to the left of the steering wheel in the first picture I posted. Here is a picture of the lift cylinder & linkage on the disk. The linkage is required to let the disk float when lowered & to level it as it is lifted.
100_0382Small.jpg

M

MelloYelloKidd

that thing is AWESOME................I was thinking about one just like that the other night and wondered if there was one available or if one had ever been built....................you just answered my question........
:thumbsup:

lizard

lizard

We use to have those offset disc machines 66 Feet wide in Australia.......a 'Grizzly'..........awesome machine...........but I like the John -Deere Green............just love it!:thumbsup::tongue::licking:

I

ihc_444

Great looking disk. Now you have just added another thing to my constantly growing list of things to do!

I had started on a 3' yard box for the old Sears, but found one for a simplicity and just had to covert it from the single hitch mount to the 3 point. It works good but doesn't look that good.

I have one old craftsman thee point disk category 0. If I could find another one locally then I would just have to make the frame, but would have to be a hand crank. No hydraulics.

Very cool.

bones66

bones66

Man you really went all out.....what workmanship. It appears to be adjustable for tilt (cut) just like it's daddy. Only needs one thing to make it really realistic??? Some dirt and dust! :biggrin:

CajunCub

CajunCub

That is a piece to be proud of!:thumbsup:

M

mullins87

Beautiful picture...I wish my 318 looked that good. What model JD is the one with the disk?

Not only is that a 140, but it's the H3....and in pristine condition to boot! I looked at what was said to be a '71 or '72 model H3 in very rough shape. I really wanted it as I think it's the garden tractor to have, but he was wanting way too much for it.

Very nice work on the disk. Where did you get the individual disks and the rotating assembly they are bolted to?

bakerg

bakerg

Sweet setup:thumbsup: got to love seeing a farm setup in minature form.:cool:

L

lemley

that thing looks great how long did it take you to build that i want to build one like that for my cub cadet:thumbsup: