Delete please

skippymud

Threads
Hello all. New to the forum here. I do quite a bit of small engine repair, but I’m struggling with this Craftsman. Wasn’t running- did the carb cleaner check and did the run and die. Cleaned the carb and still no go. Put a new carb on, and will only run with carb cleaner sprayed but will then run until I let go of the bail handle. I had already flushed the tank and line and added fresh non-ethanol gas, new plug, oil, etc.
I even swapped other new carbs i have in stock and same results. Runs as long as I want it to only after the carb spray. Also seems to have an occasional misfire but not major. I replaced the primer bulb and ring and cleaned the galleys out. The linkage and springs look in excellent condition- the springs aren't worn. Any ideas? TIA for the advice.
Howdy Gunship. I am guessing the engine maker is Briggs. Please confirm. If so, please share the info below when able
1) Model#
2) Type#
3) Code#
This info should be on the blower shroud or somewhere somewhat obvious
Ken

GunshipCSO

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howdy Gunship. I am guessing the engine maker is Briggs. Please confirm. If so, please share the info below when able
1) Model#
2) Type#
3) Code#
This info should be on the blower shroud or somewhere somewhat obvious
Ken
Thanks for the quick reply Ken. I believe the culprit was the primer bulb. I rechecked it and it had worked its way out a smidge so I reinserted it and the mower starts and runs fine now. It’s amazing how the little details can derail even those of us with experience. Thanks again for the reply.