Mower deck deck leveling problem on v-ride

jyounker73

Forum Newbie
Threads
does anyone have help for leveling deck for 52". i noticed today out the blue the deck set on 3" is actually 2.5" so tried to adjust top bar to change height and it changed the pitch. i then tried to adjust pitch and with front side screws nearly all the way in it still was lower than back. i tried a few more times on both sides and couldnt get it right. i thought about putting jacks on all four corners of deck to the height needed and then adjust pitch and height to that. if anyone has had this problem or knows a better way please share. thx!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Tire air pressure is the first thing to check.

sjessen

Threads
I have an Exmark Vantage with a similar problem although not as severe as yours. Best suggestion I can make, provided your tire pressures are within range, is to use the correct hole to get the height you desire even though it will not be the correct number. In other words, use the 3 and 1/2" setting on the mower for a 3" cut.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a easy fix.

But I am going to be nice and not say it.

jyounker73

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Exmark Vantage with a similar problem although not as severe as yours. Best suggestion I can make, provided your tire pressures are within range, is to use the correct hole to get the height you desire even though it will not be the correct number. In other words, use the 3 and 1/2" setting on the mower for a 3" cut.

Good idea, the only problem with this is I cut some lawns on 4.5" which would now be 4".

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes tire pressure is on 12psi scag recommendation. Thx

Try raising the tire pressure a little. Unless something is bent to has noticeably moved in an adjustment almost always a change in cutting height or level will normally translate back to a change in tire pressure either front or back.