Deck assist question, please

JG870

Threads
Wow...I have to hand it to both of you guys for your patience.

Though I can fully understand and comprehend on ordering direct from a authorized sales and service dealer, etc. because I would have done the same........ but even though they say that it shows in stock and it's been weeks (now going into months) on waiting on that part, since you placed an order......now your just waiting and wondering when if ever you'll get a call letting you know that it has finally arrived.....I think after two weeks of waiting I would have just cancelled my order and ordered the same kit from some other source (first calling and making sure that they actually have it in stock and for sure that they would have no problem receiving it of course).

But to each their own.
I’m going to wait a bit before I look online because my dealer said he was not going to charge me for it.
I really don’t have any problem raising the deck but my wife does and she will be using it some this summer when I’m busy with other projects.

JG870

Threads
Hey, they don’t call me Job for nothing !
Ok, I canceled my order with my dealer, got my refund, and found the kit on line. Last summer, when I ordered, it didn’t seem to be available. I’ve now ordered and it’s showing shipped today. Found it at
hustlerlawnmowerparts.com
Next project will be a suspension system under my seat.
Good luck!
Skip
Skip please let me know if you think the kit helps!
Jerry

Mr. Mower

Threads
Hey, they don’t call me Job for nothing !
Ok, I canceled my order with my dealer, got my refund, and found the kit on line. Last summer, when I ordered, it didn’t seem to be available. I’ve now ordered and it’s showing shipped today. Found it at
hustlerlawnmowerparts.com
Next project will be a suspension system under my seat.
Good luck!
Skip
😂.......well that's good to know.....even though I had originally posted two different online sites that had the kit available......last year (July 2022....see post #2 above).....and hustlerlawnmowerparts was one of them! 😂

Well I guess....better late than never.

skip49

Threads
My apologies Mr. Mower. I’m usually extremely good at taking advice. The best I recall, at that time last year my dealer told me told me that they’d have that kit in a couple of weeks. As I was wanting to start a relationship with my new dealer, I ordered it and paid them, over the phone. When I tried to cancel the order a few months later and get a refund, they said they couldn’t refund over the phone, and I’d need to come in (out of town), so that drug out the process. Having said all that, I like these guys very much.
AND, to JG870, my kit came today and I rushed home from work and installed it. 10 minutes max, and while admittedly subjective, I’m guessing the effort to depress the deck lift pedal has been reduced by at least 40%. I really like this mower, so this is great news for me. Order with confidence.
Skip

JG870

Threads
My apologies Mr. Mower. I’m usually extremely good at taking advice. The best I recall, at that time last year my dealer told me told me that they’d have that kit in a couple of weeks. As I was wanting to start a relationship with my new dealer, I ordered it and paid them, over the phone. When I tried to cancel the order a few months later and get a refund, they said they couldn’t refund over the phone, and I’d need to come in (out of town), so that drug out the process. Having said all that, I like these guys very much.
AND, to JG870, my kit came today and I rushed home from work and installed it. 10 minutes max, and while admittedly subjective, I’m guessing the effort to depress the deck lift pedal has been reduced by at least 40%. I really like this mower, so this is great news for me. Order with confidence.
Skip
Thanks for the report Skip sounds like it’s a winner.
I’ll give my dealer a couple more weeks if it doesn’t come in I’ll order one online.

jeepi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Skip, so you got your part from Hustlerlawnmowerparts.com?

I ordered from them a few days ago. A couple days later I got a text message from Pronto Mowers stating my order is delayed. After some tracking research, I figured out it was in regards to the order I placed from hustlerlawnmowerparts.com. I didn't have any notification from hustlerlawnmowerparts by email, but after clicking through my account, I finally found where it said it's 'on hold' and I needed to call them to resolve the issue. Hmm. Did some googling, and their phone number/address is associated with quite a number of different websites from mowers to paint sprayers to diesel parts. It all seems too suspicious, so I requested a refund from their chat bot and it did come through.

I'm getting ready to order from Foards now, hopefully they have it in stock! They look like a legit business and not some sort of broker. I have a bum knee and can't lift the deck at all with my right foot. If it helps 40% as you estimate, that'll be enough to work for me!

skip49

Threads

I ordered from them a few days ago. A couple days later I got a text message from Pronto Mowers stating my order is delayed. After some tracking research, I figured out it was in regards to the order I placed from hustlerlawnmowerparts.com. I didn't have any notification from hustlerlawnmowerparts by email, but after clicking through my account, I finally found where it said it's 'on hold' and I needed to call them to resolve the issue. Hmm. Did some googling, and their phone number/address is associated with quite a number of different websites from mowers to paint sprayers to diesel parts. It all seems too suspicious, so I requested a refund from their chat bot and it did come through.

I'm getting ready to order from Foards now, hopefully they have it in stock! They look like a legit business and not some sort of broker. I have a bum knee and can't lift the deck at all with my right foot. If it helps 40% as you estimate, that'll be enough to work for me!
Yes jeepi, I ordered from hustler parts and the order was fulfilled by Pronto. You are completely justified in being suspicious of
EVERYTHING on line.
And BTW, you won’t believe what a difference that kit is going to make. Money WELL spent!
Only other thing is a suspension seat kit.
Coming soon!
Skip

JG870

Threads

Jeppi I also tried to order from hustlerlawnmowerparts.com and after charging my credit card they told me it was back ordered and would be 60 days before it was available.
I canceled my order and they refunded me.
I found one (the last one) on eBay and ordered it’s scheduled delivery is today. I’m hoping I have the same results as Skip. I’ll post and let you know hopefully tomorrow.
Jerry

skip49

Threads
Jeppi I also tried to order from hustlerlawnmowerparts.com and after charging my credit card they told me it was back ordered and would be 60 days before it was available.
I canceled my order and they refunded me.
I found one (the last one) on eBay and ordered it’s scheduled delivery is today. I’m hoping I have the same results as Skip. I’ll post and let you know hopefully tomorrow.
Jerry
Jerry, no reason for you not to get the same results. I’ll (we’ll) be waiting to hear from you.
Skip