Dead tecumseh Lev115

Hayterman

Threads
Hi Rivets,

The new carb turned out to be the wrong one. You are right that 640262A is the correct one, and that is the one that equates to carb number 505 as stamped on my original carb. I used an Intagarden kit which was the only one I could find that was in the UK and not the USA. Which came from JAPG in Hereford this matched the needle and seat numbers of 631021B and nose O rings 632547 from the Tecumseh parts finder site I found. I had already fitted a new petrol tank as mine was badly cracked and I just put new petrol in it.
I'm just about at the end of my tether with this one. I have a 1927 boat with the original engine complete with Mag and that starts 1st time and runs sweetly (re built by me) So this one is beating me!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Before throwing in the towel, try setting the float slightly rich. To do this bend the float tab so that the float is about 1/16” (roughly 2 mm) higher by the float pin or lower on the opposite side.

Hayterman

Threads
Will do. I'll report back tomorrow. Fingers crossed

Hayterman

Threads
Hi Well now, I followed your advice to the letter and hey after 1st flooding the plug it then started and ran on and on BUT there just had to be a but, it sounds like every 3rd beat it misses and then acasionaly blows back but carries on running and starting straight away.

I do have a vid of the sounds. Look forward to see what you think.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m an old fart, I don’t do videos well. You might have gone a hair too rich and will have to tweak it back a bit leaner.

Hayterman

Threads
I have a photo of the plug after running for a few mins but it's too large to attach it says. Do you have what's app at all?
Anyway it's black around the outside and darkish brown around the insulator and very slightly lighter in the centre.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
upload the image to a image hosting site, then post the link here.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looks like it might be running a little rich too me, but I’ve seen worse. Did you try tweaking the float level a tiny bit?

Hayterman

Threads
Not yet, it's been raining here all day so maybe tomorrow. I'll let you know asap.