Darn kohler courage engines are such crap

VegetiveSteam

Threads
Update: At the end of last year's Mowing season, I pulled my beloved Cubby LT1050 into her parking spot, and hooked up the float charger. Fast Forward to April 2024- I went out on the first day that the ground was dry enough to mow, turned the key, and nothing but crickets!!! Expecting to head out for another battery as well as a new float charger, I decided to check the battery. The battery had ample charge in it, but my engine was/remains locked up tighter than a drum! I wish to apologize for my smug attitude! Damned you Engineers of the Kohler SV720S V Twin engines! Eating crow sucks and my last comment is really hard to swallow: "I like mine and when she breaks down, I suppose I'll fix her! Besides, that's what I do!" I'll be doing a lot of that now!

Darn kohler courage engines are such crap​

In Kohler's defense, your own words say it's doubtful Kohler is at fault for this engine failure.

"The Cub has had a rough life at the hands of its first owner. Be it abuse, ignorance, stupidity, or just laziness, and possibly a combination of all of the previous reasons, it has suffered from poor maintenance. The oil was black and gritty, and the air cleaner looked as if it was rarely serviced, if ever, as for the spark plug. The same story."

Craftsman Garage

Threads
Update: At the end of last year's Mowing season, I pulled my beloved Cubby LT1050 into her parking spot, and hooked up the float charger. Fast Forward to April 2024- I went out on the first day that the ground was dry enough to mow, turned the key, and nothing but crickets!!! Expecting to head out for another battery as well as a new float charger, I decided to check the battery. The battery had ample charge in it, but my engine was/remains locked up tighter than a drum! I wish to apologize for my smug attitude! Damned you Engineers of the Kohler SV720S V Twin engines! Eating crow sucks and my last comment is really hard to swallow: "I like mine and when she breaks down, I suppose I'll fix her! Besides, that's what I do!" I'll be doing a lot of that now!

Hate to say it but “I told you so” 🤷‍♂️