d105 won't move

legotech7

Forum Newbie
Threads
My d105 lawn tractor move very slow, after replacing all the pulley's belts , that includes the trans belts. It was moving faster before I changed all of this. It barley moves 2 miles mph. I have to push the peddle very hard to get it going, and I have about 2 acres of grass to cut it takes me all day. Frustrating.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Some thing is wrong
Usually it is the routing of the drive belt through the clutch pulleys
Now just to make sure we are singing from the same song sheet .
Which transmission do you have in this mower
The JD parts book shows a platic variable speed pulley job but I am sure I have seen a D series witha hydro drive .

Telesis

Threads
Lego.. The transmission is made by General Transmission and it's a model RT400. A service manual as well as troubleshooting info is available on their site. There are several YT vids out there too. There's good news. If the tranny is moving in forward or reverse at all, it is not an internal problem. Here are two things to check. (download the service manual to understand the part names) 1) Check the routing of the traction drive belt. The belt must be routed to the right side of the secondary variator. 2) The spring coils on the secondary variator should be evenly spaced. If the spring coils are distorted, the spring has been overheated from the traction belt being routed incorrectly and will need replaced.

Good luck!

Morganfd9

Threads
Good advice Telesis !

I have a D105 auto I bought new in 2014, never had any issues with it , over 300 hours on it, it’s been a good lil mower.

boatmoter

Threads
My d105 lawn tractor move very slow, after replacing all the pulley's belts , that includes the trans belts. It was moving faster before I changed all of this. It barley moves 2 miles mph. I have to push the peddle very hard to get it going, and I have about 2 acres of grass to cut it takes me all day. Frustrating.
Nearly 25,000 John Deere lawn tractors are being recalled for transmission failure, which could cause a crash. The recall includes John Deere model D105 lawn tractors with serial numbers beginning with 1GXD105, and service transmissions sold by John Deere authorized dealers for use in the D105 lawn tractor.Dec 2, 2021