Cultipacker.

possum

Threads
They are a part of every Grain drill I have ever seen. When used alone they are to firm and create a proper finished seedbed after the seed is broadcast. Food plot guys use them or use a home made one around here sometimes. The fish and game used a super heavy one for a time as part of notill grass seeding. Mounted on a drill they are an excellent part of seed planting. They work pretty good alone on broadcast seed if the ground is worked well and not to hard, dry, cloddy, trashy, rocky, muddy, rooted, or the fellow pulling it fails to understand it is a planting method not the Indy 500.

Threads
Yep I was planning on over seeding the yard, and I wasnt sure if this would be worth what they are asking for it. I could use it on several lawns but I am thinking like you are will it be heavy enough. I have a neighbor with a heavy farm model cultipacker so I guess it would be better to get him to run his over the yard? I tried a heavy lawn roller last year, and it didnt work well for what I needed it to do.

possum

Threads
What is it you expect the unit to do for you? The intended use is on worked ground. Sounds like you need a verticutter. Or a rake and a lot of sweat.

Threads
What is it you expect the unit to do for you? The intended use is on worked ground. Sounds like you need a verticutter. Or a rake and a lot of sweat.

I was looking a settling the seed, and leveling the frost heaving in the spring. I think it would be better to give the neighbor some $$ to run over it though.