Cub Cadet service and belts

Pumpguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks.

When the belt breaks again, I think I will try this Kevlar version.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
All mower deck belts apart from walk behinds and Australian made ride ons use kevlar belts
Polly fibre belts will fail after a couple of mows
some drive belts can be plain covered polly belts
ZTRs dives do not clutch so they can be plain belts but again they get hot & sticky so pick up debris which also causes belt failure

Pumpguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for your reply. You say "some drive belts can be plain covered poly belts" and I have to believe that's what I originally got and have now.

I can say with absolute certainty that the OEM belts on this tractor, the ones that came new on it and the upper drive belt the dealer installed, are not the same as the replacement Kevlar belts I have now as on hand spares.

The OEM belts have the appearance of common poly cord V belts like my drill press uses. Also, they have the stiffness of a limp wet noodle compared to the replacement Kevlar belts I have as spares when these break.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Belt threads are about as much fun as oil threads and very similar as every one who has no understanding of what goes into their production & design considers them self an expert
OEM branded belts are always the best
There are litterally thousands of different rubber compounds used for making belts
Then there is the size of the reinforcing cords,
The position of the reinforcing cords .
The actual fibre size & lay of the cords
Plus of course the chemistry of the cords
And then the outer cover, single wrap, double wrap, polly wrap, cotton wrap kevlar wrap or no wrap
While paying a lot does not mean the belt will be good, paying very little will always mean the belt is junk .

Pumpguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Agree completely. Experience is the best teacher, so I'll just have to wait and see what happens.