Cub Cadet LT42 XT1 13A0A1CS056 carburetor adjustment

CaveBear

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Cub Cadet LT42 XT1 13A0A1CS056 carburetor adjustment
So last week I fired up my mower (2018 model which I bought in 2020) and it ran very poorly - very diminished power and throttle adjust did nothing. Found a couple of screws on the unit that I tried to adjust to increase the rpm's but had no effect. Had a small amount of Seafoam which I added a little to the gas and crankcase and when I started it up it ran super sluggish for about a minute and then all of a sudden it started running perfectly. My guess would be the piston ring was stuck and the Seafoam cleared it up. It's been running great ever since. My question is how do I adjust the 2 screws back to where they belong? I wasn't thinking enough to count the number of turns I tweaked those screws so I need to know how to adjust them correctly. Sad part is that I know better but frustration got the better of me in this case. The only thing I have noticed is occasionally when I lower the throttle to idle I get a slight backfire, but not every time.

If someone can tell me how to adjust these for the proper range I'd appreciate it. I do have a tachometer but not sure what I'm looking for. Thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Appear you have a Kohler KS540-3011 engine. Now I can't see very well which screws you turned.

The service manual only an idle speed adjustment for the carburetor and couple for positioning the high speed via the speed control bracket.

You can download a copy of the service manual if you like.

KS530-KS595 Service Manual

CaveBear

Forum Newbie
Threads
unfortuneately page is blank

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
unfortuneately page is blank
Check the file size it should be 20Mb or greater
If so then use a different PDF reader.
PDF was good till Microsloth reinvented it to be Windows specific

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
PDF downloads fine here as I double checked before I posted this reply. File size is 11.6 megs. Can be your browser settings too.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Some will show the text but not the photos in one reader then show the text and gobbldy gook when the images should be or even display the images over the top of the text
I have 3 readers and often have to use all 3 to recreate the files
It is all about Microsloth trying to force every one to use their softwear .
And don't even start me on mobile apps .

CaveBear

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check the file size it should be 20Mb or greater
If so then use a different PDF reader.
PDF was good till Microsloth reinvented it to be Windows specific
Right you are. Opened with Adobe just fine. Guess I'll change my default viewer.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I set the preference for the individual files as I am using Linux on a Mac and can do that
PDF viewer is the best app for PDF's but some made with Microsloth applcations will not work with anything other than Microsloth products and usually needs to be a fairly current one as well.