Cub Cadet front tires 11x4.00-5

Greystone123

Threads
Hello all. I purchased new tires for my zero turn mower, and cannot get the bead to seat all the way in place. The previous tires had tubes, and I wanted to switch to tubeless. I have tried everything from wd40, dawn dish soap concentrate, ratchet strap, pb blaster, as well as inflated to 90 lbs of air pressure. Tires and wheels are the right size. Seems as though the new tires are a little more meaty. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

cruzenmike

Threads
Hello all. I purchased new tires for my zero turn mower, and cannot get the bead to seat all the way in place. The previous tires had tubes, and I wanted to switch to tubeless. I have tried everything from wd40, dawn dish soap concentrate, ratchet strap, pb blaster, as well as inflated to 90 lbs of air pressure. Tires and wheels are the right size. Seems as though the new tires are a little more meaty. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
They make actual bead sealer. It is a somewhat sticky liquid similar to patch glue. You will also want to make sure that the bead is clean and free of any imperfections. You can use a wire wheel on a drill to smooth out and clean the area first.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I normally just tube the small lawnmower tires any way.. Just too much of a pain to get those tires pushed out on the bead area to get them to seal for inflation. Short of using an inflator tank good luck.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I got so tired of fighting tires, especially the small ones, to seat beads on new tires. I bought one of the air blast bead seaters. Love that thing. Need to use ear protection but i have yet to not seat a bead with it. Like you, i fought tires till i was ready to use 12ga anger management on them. Now i seat them in a few seconds. Good luck.

Greystone123

Threads
I got so tired of fighting tires, especially the small ones, to seat beads on new tires. I bought one of the air blast bead seaters. Love that thing. Need to use ear protection but i have yet to not seat a bead with it. Like you, i fought tires till i was ready to use 12ga anger management on them. Now i seat them in a few seconds. Good luck.
Thank you to all

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Warm the tyres by leaving them out in the sun inflated with tubes in them .
Then late in the afternoon try fitting the tyres to the wheels
Remove the valve inserts and infalte with the biggest air duster you can find.

Gord Baker

Threads
Simply put a narrow Ratchet strap around the centre of the tread and tighten. Use Bead Sealer of course.