Cub Cadet CC500 Push Mower Overheating?

rhodo

Forum Newbie
Threads
MODEL: 11A-18M9010
SERIAL: 1C091K20330
ENGINE: 5P65M0B (I think?)

I have recently inherited this mower from a relative. I was told that he stopped using it because it would stop running after a period of time, but rather than try to fix it he just purchased a new mower.

The symptom is that from a cold start it will run just fine (with a slightly rough idle) for about 30-45 minutes. Then it dies and will not restart until it sits for a few minutes (approx 5-10 min). Then it starts fine and will run for about 15 min before stopping. After letting it sit for a few more minutes it will start, but now it will only run for 5-10 min.

I have done the following work with no change in the symptom.
  • Oil change
  • Replace spark plug
  • Replace fuel filter
  • Replace air filter
  • Run 2 cans of Seafoam through it
The behavior sure seems like it’s overheating, but I can’t figure out why. It is reasonably clean. Another thought is that this mower has an “Auto-Choke” feature, and I wonder if that might be at fault.

Any ideas/suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get a can of carb cleaner
the instant it stops squirt a VERY SMALL amount down the card & pull the rope.
Engine goes bong = fuel supply problem
Engine does not go bang = electrical / valve problem.

Tim Pierce

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did all above still does same thing, I have replaced air filter, clean the gas tank out, line and all is clear. check the fuel bowl. Replaced spark plug. When it stops and I pull plug it is dry, to dry I would think. The throttle control starts to open and shut a lot right before it just dies. I'm at a loss. Great mower while it runs for 3 minutes.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
The throttle control starts to open and shut a lot right before it just dies. I'm at a loss. Great mower while it runs for 3 minutes.
It's running out of fuel... when it starts that, loosen the gas cap and see what happens.