Cross Overs (Replacements) for drag link Huskqevarna

Gearjammer

Threads
  • / Cross Overs (Replacements) for drag link Huskqevarna
I have an LGT2554 (Product # 960450015) that I'm trying to find a replacement drag link for. Several MTD and Poulan seem similar enough to interchange. Is this true?? Also, without seeing any apparent damage, could the drag link be damaged anyway? The left wheel fell in a hole and I found a replacement spindle, but didn't need it (same problem after replacement). The left link seems to be a little less than an inch too short now. Any ideas?? I hate to just start hanging parts until I hit the right combination, you know?? Thanks, Gearjammer

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Suggestion, use Husqvarna OEM replacement parts.

Owner's Manuals & Parts Lookup locate year & serial number then parts list.

Absolutely correct, be sure to grease moving parts as well as parts that come in contact with moving parts.

Last edited:

Gearjammer

Threads
To Mechanic Mark.. Thank you for the advice. I agree with you, although I am having a problem finding a place with current Husqvarna parts. I did make a Jimmy rigged extender to see if that would solve my problem which it did until it broke, so I feel like I'm on the right track with the new link replacement. Gearjammer

RoperGuy

Threads
Pretty shur you bent your draglink it can be hard to tell, they normally bend right on the factory bends

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Cheap & nasty repair is to cut the link and put an extender in there.
You can get hex tube threaded all the way through which should get you out of trouble and will be adjustable to boot.
Slip a nut on eachthreaded end before you put the extender rod on so you can lock it in place when you find the right adjustment.
Get under the mower and watch the rod carefully as it boves left right and more important up & down before you decide where to cut it as there is not as much clearence as it appears when you are on full lock with the inner wheel fully up.