Export thread

Craftsman..

wjjones

wjjones

I am searching for a part#, or part discription there is a little strut on my transaxle that has no part# in the book, or on sears? It looks like one of those auto shocks that holds the hood, hatch, etc up but is much shorter.. You can see it in this link it is the little strut rod beside the axle fan/pulley.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...P0603039/00003?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=917276800

S

slocro

its only listed on the trans parts list

S

slocro

its part 133 and sells for 115 dollers at sears

wjjones

wjjones

My manual skips from 125 to 153 on the part list thats why I was searching for the actual part#, or name. I dont even know what you call the thing it looks like a small hatchback car strut.

I

ILENGINE

item 133 on the transaxle part list, part number 184227 damper. $115.35

reynoldston

reynoldston

If you can get a length they sell them at auto parts stores like NAPA

K

KennyV

If you can get a length they sell them at auto parts stores like NAPA

I wish they had dampers at auto parts stores... They have gas charged springs, or shocks... a damper resists movement in both compression & extension equally... the gas charged lift springs typically favor extension.... If you have room you could use two gas springs opposing each other that would equate to a damper...
My Kubota tractor cab uses dampers to control the door opening, and hold it in any particular position... for some reason dampers are usually 4 times the price, or more, of a gas charged lift spring...

If anyone finds good prices for dampers like these... please post their link... :smile:KennyV

reynoldston

reynoldston

I never really bought that many of them to even know there was a difference. Learn something new.