Craftsman zts 7500 right handle issue

Ubrik

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all I hope someone can help me on this.
Ok here is my issue i am rebuilding this as it was a parts machine new motor clutch spindles and belts.
I'm up to when I pull my arms is the engine shuts down. I replaced the handlebar switches bypassed the seat switch for testing also if I pull the PTO the engine shuts down. Ok I take the switches out test them they are working correctly. But when my wires are hooked up my left side functions correctly one side contact when arm is out other side contact when in and opposite side no contact great but my right side when I have the wires on I have contact on both sides at same time. I have pulled the harness apart and can find no shorts so I pull the connector off the PTO switch my green /yellow normally closed rings my other two sets of wires are open I pull switch up and the green yellow are open other two sets close that's normal. I just cannot figure out why I have connection on both sides of the arm switch when the wires are hooked up but when I remove them the switch works correctly also I pulled the just the brown wire from the switch and I can bring my arms in and drive PTO still shuts down the motor but it does drive. So somehow I am getting connection through my brown wire when I'm not supposed two. Also just so you know the two old switches also tested good.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post the units model and serial numbers so we have an idea of what type of wiring you are dealing with.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How are bypassing the seat switch and does the connect have a shorting strip installed? The seat circuit is meant to be an open circuit when the operator is on the seat not a short circuit.

Seat switch is 1732005SM superseded to 7023354YP (Stens 430-690)

This should be the wiring diagram for the Simplicity Axion Series.
1720131193014.png

Ubrik

Forum Newbie
Threads
A little more info the switch on the left side has a black wire With a jumper across to the other top lead on connector. The lower connector has a green and black wire and a purple and white wire that one is working normally the left has a black wire on top with jumper to other top spot below it has a brown wire and a green and black wire the problem as described with arms in or out with wire plug in place I have continuity on both sides at same time arms in or out I cannot locate a short anywhere I do have the wiring diagram and have some t hours trying to figure out why I have it on both sides no wires connected switch tests fine one side connection other not the reverse other side has connection and first side not.

Ubrik

Forum Newbie
Threads
How are bypassing the seat switch and does the connect have a shorting strip installed? The seat circuit is meant to be an open circuit when the operator is on the seat not a short circuit.

Seat switch is 1732005SM superseded to 7023354YP (Stens 430-690)

This should be the wiring diagram for the Simplicity Axion Series.
View attachment 69123
Yes I just have the plug undone so it it's constantly open

Ubrik

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oh does that mean if the plug is pulled there is a shorting tab to make it believe no one is seated if that is my issue I'm gonna kick myself.

Ubrik

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oh does that mean if the plug is pulled there is a shorting tab to make it believe no one is seated if that is my issue I'm gonna kick myself and it would make sense why the bron wire would be made it goes to the seat and if no one is in it it changes to the purple and white thank you will. Check that when I get home in a hour

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Oh does that mean if the plug is pulled there is a shorting tab to make it believe no one is seated if that is my issue I'm gonna kick myself.
Some mowers have a shorting tab that activates when disconnected. So it thinks nobody is on the seat.

Ubrik

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you will test it soon