Craftsman won't cut off

Ean

Well-Known Member
My LT 1000 starts with the key but when I turn the key off It won't cut off it just starts sputring and won't cut off it has the electric thing on the carb not shure what it's called
 
My LT 1000 starts with the key but when I turn the key off It won't cut off it just starts sputring and won't cut off it has the electric thing on the carb not shure what it's called

its called a fuel cut off switch or fuel selanoid can u post the model number under the seat and the one off the motor as well thanks
 
Will it shut off when you lift up off the seat with the brake/clutch pedal up?
Or when the blades are on?

I think what is happening is the fuel is getting shut of but not the coil.
 
My seat switch is bypassed I'm going to check to see if it is firing when the key is off thanks guys
 
Ok guys I turned off the key an turned it over from the cilnoid and when the key was off there was still a weak spark so what dose this mean
 
Last edited:
It means the switch isn't grounding the coil when it's turned off. Either the switch is bad,or there's another wire it's routing through.
More than likely,it's the switch.
 
Back
Top